Manager, Level Design - Unpublished R&D Product
Job Id: REQ-0003626
As a Game Designer, you will design and optimize the player experience. Your analytical skills, player insight, and creativity help craft in- and out-of-game experiences that engage and surprise players. You will collaborate with interdisciplinary teams and work with every tool at hand to create innovative, player-focused designs that'll delight millions around the world. Working on an early stage product, you will help decipher one of Riot's next big bets.
As a Game Design Manager in Research & Development focused on Level Design, you will ensure that the larger level design team creates evocative, exciting maps and encounters. Your analytical skills, player insight, and creativity aid in delivering encounters and spaces which support player experiences for each segment of our intended audience. Your communication and framework building skills enable other design disciplines to build best in class gameplay in your worlds. You will report to the Lead Content Designer of the project.
- Responsible for rapid implementation and iterations on levels and world environments
- Collaborate with product to ensure levels are varied to meet different player needs
- Work collaboratively within the wider content design team to create a great holistic experience
- Create and integrate best practices for future level design work
- Help guide the project from prototype to pre-production and ultimately even launch and ongoing live support
- Take ownership of difficult design areas, such as the intersection of level and combat
- Create and provide multiple potential designs and solutions. Articulate trade-offs and risks between different options.
- Playtest the game and help push for continued improvements for existing designs and fresh prototypes.
- 5+ years of experience in professional Level Design
- Demonstrated excellence in Level Design with previous shipped work
- Experience with using environments to shape the player experience, enhance combat systems, create intuitive navigation, and bolster social connections between players
- Has demonstrated proficiency at level building in an established game engine
- Shipped or worked on at least one AAA+ online game
- Experience working on a live product
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).