Director, Quality Assurance - VALORANT
Job Id: 4604
At Riot, we believe Quality is a set of values, practices, and behaviors that inform every part of the development process. By honing our craft of quality and demonstrating cross-discipline partnerships we help Riot sustainably craft excellent experiences for players, globally.
As a Director of Quality Assurance on VALORANT, you will holistically own end to end quality for all products within the VALORANT studio organization. You will shape and promote the vision of quality assurance across Riot Games, so that, "Gamers worldwide know that every experience they have with Riot will be a quality experience." You will report into the Sr. Director of Operations for VALORANT.
- Own the overall quality strategy for all VALORANT products.
- Direct QA planning, staffing and budgeting with support from BU leadership
- Be accountable for the efficiency and efficacy of QA across VALORANT
- Build, develop and maintain a world-class QA organization
- Manage QA Managers and senior QA ICs operating at the product level
- Partner with other craft leaders to influence craft and product strategies
- Support QA Department goals and objectives through product implementation
- 10+ years Quality Assurance Experience in a leadership role, with at least 4 years leading QA managers and/or teams
- Experience managing budgets and headcount at the business unit level
- Experience establishing quality metrics that influence strategy and drive change
- Experience creating test strategies for products
- Experience setting strategic goals for teams to execute
- Experience managing performance of other managers within QA
- Experience working with remote test team leadership
- ISTQB Foundation Level.
- ISTQB Agile Tester or ICAgile Agile Testing (ICP-TST)
- ISTQB Advanced Test Manager
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.