Manager, Sound Design - Unpublished R&D Product
Job Id: REQ-0003701
The Audio Team at Riot strives to deliver lasting sonic experiences for players. We help breathe life into our games, cinematics, esports, albums, and more through the use of sound. We also are always working to level up the team & techniques by experimenting and playing the games we love. As a Manager, Audio at Riot, you will manage a team of Audio Developers, and oversee the development and growth of the audio team, and audio production of your project. You are also responsible for the hiring, onboarding, and offboarding of direct reports and ensuring that the team is meeting department quality and product needs. You will lean on your years of experience to help build some of the most iconic audio in the world of gaming. Your skills, artistic ear and understanding of audio principles and process will lead the way in audio creation. Working within both technical and design constraints, you will use your knowledge of game development audio production to ensure audio is optimized in game. Your craft expertise and high-level execution will enrich the player’s immersive experience.
As the Manager, Sound Design on an Unpublished R&D Game, you will be responsible for building the game’s audio direction and driving the vision through all aspects of audio including Voice, SFX, and Music. You will partner with the discipline specific art leads and various other departments such as Product Owners, Designers and Engineers to create globally-appealing content that inspires your team and delights players.
- Create audio assets for highly iterative gameplay features using industry-standard methods and tools
- Meet project deadlines in a timely manner without compromising sonic integrity
- Develop audio vision and strategy, ensuring all audio content for the product is delivered
- Collaborate with product leadership to align audio around product mission and goals
- Clearly define and communicate audio goals including how they align with product goals to direct reports, product leadership and others
- Ensure your team has the appropriate process and pipeline in place for effective audio content delivery
- Create and execute on a hiring plan to ensure the audio team has the appropriate staff and resources to accomplish product goals
- Run weekly reviews, audio playtests, feedback consolidation, to create high-quality audio experiences that players appreciate
- 6+ years of professional experience working in interactive sound design, including designing, mixing, implementing, mastering, and shipping audio
- 4+ years of professional experience working in Wwise
- 1+ years of leading a team, including people management
- Expertise working in the holistic game audio process (sound design, voice-over, music, implementation, pipelines, technology, player experience, etc.).
- Knowledge of programming or scripting languages (Unreal Blueprint, C++, etc.)
- Understanding of game design and gameplay
- Comfortable and experienced with JIRA, and Perforce
- Professional experience working with various game engines from licensed to proprietary (Unity, Unreal, etc.)
- Professional experience working in mobile game development
- Experience interviewing, hiring, training, coaching, and mentoring audio team members
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.