Business Strategist III - Riot Game Operations, Game Operations Ideation
Job Id: REQ-0003696
As a Business Strategist III in Riot Game Operations (RGO), you'll join our effort to make building and delivering player experiences at Riot easy, scalable and sustainable. You will report to a Strategic Advisory Manager on Riot Game Operations, working on one or more projects.
The Strategic Advisory (SA) department empowers Rioters to make better decisions by helping them structure problems, and source and use data in the process. We're an interdisciplinary group of analysts, consultants, strategists and researchers from all sorts of backgrounds who join together to represent and advocate for players around the world, as well as Rioters in other parts of the organization who may be customers. We're a group united by our love of delivering value, science, and helping others succeed. For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
- Independently tackle some of Game Operations' most pressing strategic questions, such as strategizing on the ways to identify and test opportunities that stretch strategic boundaries in game operations space
- Perform ad-hoc analyses, such as building project plans, gathering inputs from partners, or analyzing how we can improve our internal operations
- Based on the comprehensive internal user studies and market insights, develop strategy recommendations and work with senior leadership and stakeholders on action planning
- Follow up and track strategic initiatives and be facilitator to solve the problem; Measure the results of execution, identify key learnings, and evolve the initiatives to deliver greater value to customers
- Conduct ongoing business update and reviews, and communicate with related stakeholders
- Develop written document or presentation for senior leaders
- Support other key projects of strategic significance; research, develop new strategic initiatives and experimental projects in RGO as special task force
- Bachelor's degree and 6+ years (or 4+ years with an MBA) of professional experience in management consulting, in-house strategy, or data analysis and visualization with exposure to stakeholder and project management
- 4+ years of experience applying strategic frameworks to business problems
- Experience supporting/working with Director+ level partners
- A lack of fear and eagerness to understand ideation and incubation of customer-centric, centralized operations products focused on helping fast-growing organizations to scale
- A working understanding of internal and market research
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.