Revenue Strategist - VALORANT
Job Id: REQ-0003731
Who We Are: The Revenue Strategy group performs analyses, makes insightful recommendations, designs solutions, develops products, and implements strategies that address complex business issues to achieve our goals. We're a diverse group of consultants, scientists, and at our core, a team of gamers. We are united by our desire to remain player-focused while maximizing our results. We support our recommendations with a myriad of sources to ensure we're informed by data.
Role Description: As a Revenue Strategist reporting to the Senior Manager, Strategic Advisory on VALORANT, you will work with teams to develop products and experiences that grow player value, revenue, and joy across the community. You'll work closely with designers to create industry-leading monetization systems and work closely with product owners to advise them on product strategy across our Store and Progression teams.
You will focus on market sizing, assessing impact, designing new features (and feature improvements), and developing content strategy. You will run data analysis and use existing dashboards to monitor the game's performance and design experiments to improve our existing distribution channels. Finally, you'll be partnered with people across different work functions, so relationship management is an essential part of your craft.
- Partner with multiple teams to develop strategies and build new products / systems that meet diverse player needs
- Support the existing monetization strategy, distribution channels, and progression systems present in the game today
- Analyze player data and product results to find relevant insights
- Establish market sizing and projections of impact for identified opportunities
- Partner with product teams to prioritize their efforts - accounting for delivery timelines, revenue impacts, and opportunity costs
- Communicate strategic recommendations and product outcomes to business leaders and decision makers
- Experience with micro-transactions and game monetization, either through design or personal experience.
- Knowledgeable of SQL or other relational database languages
- Experience breaking down complex problems and problem spaces using various business or product frameworks and creating optimal solutions for our players and our business
- A desire to work with people to navigate through ambiguity
- Experience in e-commerce, consulting, or strategy for consumer-facing products
- MBA or advanced degrees in Economics, Finance, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Management Information Systems, a related discipline, or comparable work experiences (meaningful work experience = 3+ years in relevant space)
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.