Manager, Production, Operations - VALORANT
Job Id: REQ-0003809
Production Operations is a specialized role on VALORANT that keeps all production efforts running smoothly and efficiently across the project. They leverage skills in cross collaboration to build effective working relationships across product and leadership teams, and focus on enabling creative product development and supporting sustainable, predictable delivery.
VALORANT is Riot’s take on a character-based tactical shooter. As a Manager of Production Operations, you will manage a variety of work systems and processes that directly facilitate and support the delivery of a first class e-sports experience to our players. You will work across disciplines to drive consistent team communication, collaboration, and work tracking across the project. You will report into the Director of Game Operations.
- Partner with Production Directors to drive change management and work system improvements as needed to ensure proper execution and delivery of product work
- Drive consistent team-wide planning rituals and maintain production planning artifacts
- Manage execution and delivery of projects that span across multiple teams
- Manage vendor relationships as needed for contractor or outsourcing services
- Organize and facilitate the transition of R&D or Prototype work into productionalized, live team owned and operated initiatives
- Build and maintain production efficacy analysis tools usable by entire project (e.g. KPI tracking, velocity / capacity / risk tracking)
- Research industry best practices and apply learnings to VALORANT production efforts
- Organize and distribute documentation and team communications
- Anticipate production needs and partner with leadership to address development challenges
- Cascade work systems, SME knowledge, and best practices across teams
- 5+ years experience in the software development industry
- 3+ years in production leading dev teams through all phases of software development
- 1+ years direct people management experience
- Experience driving product wide planning, funding, and retrospective processes
- Experience building and maintaining development task and bug database workflows
- Experience with live game releases
- ScrumMaster Certification
- PMP Certification
- Experience or training maintaining project management standards (PMO)
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.