Service Reliability Manager - Live Operations, NOC
Job Id: REQ-0003946
The Network Operations Center (NOC) manages the 24x7 monitoring and response components of Riot's player-facing services. We are the first line of defense when things go wrong with any of our live services. We leverage technical familiarity with best-practice processes to rapidly remediate incidents. The team helps to create and mentor other Riot teams on best practice in alerting, monitoring, and operational processes.
As Service Reliability Manager, you will report to the Global NOC manager and work closely with the Network Operations Center team globally to establish and maintain a high-performing and highly available game service for players around the world. You’ll help manage a team in Los Angeles that monitors and supports all aspects of production environments, development environments, and general system needs. Your management skills and understanding of operations will help you support the team on their day to day but also help them grow and learn as individuals and Rioters. You’ll also help evolve the strategic direction, implement tactical goals, and maintain the overall health of the team.
- Ensure that your direct reports are meeting the teams and individual goals
- Point of contact for the Network Operations Center in your region
- Maintain performance of the local team through hiring, training, assigning and evaluating work, and taking corrective action where necessary
- Guide team members technical and professional growth
- Ensure that the team is operating in compliance with local laws and regulations
- Develop and collaborate on processes for the team
- Contribute to the strategic direction of growth and capacity planning established by the Global NOC manager
- Part of the NOC Leadership team, coordinating with two other sites in Singapore and Dublin, work over a global 24/7/365 team
- Trained as an Incident commander and part of the Live Operations incident command rotation
- 5+ years experience working in technology operations.
- 5+ years experience leading a team and managing performance.
- Experience working with and in a distributed team
- Stakeholder management of service owners and senior leadership
- Managing a NOC/DEVOps/SRE team, experienced as a NOC technician and understanding of system triage
- ITIL Foundation v4 certification
- Degree in information technology, information system, technical operations, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in time critical/multiple data center supported NOC that is globally distributed
- Understanding of basic technologies around running an online service and the advancements the industry is making
- Gamer empathy for understanding impact of outages
- Experience managing teams through transitional change
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.