Media Asset Manager, Esports
Job Id: REQ-0004017
The Media Asset Manager (internally known as Content Producer III) ensures the daily content operations within your region (EMEA+) are run according to Global Content Operations principles, by overseeing the integrity and metadata accuracy of ingested content and supporting the integration of new content delivery workflows. You will maintain expert level knowledge of Media Asset Management technologies and will be the promoter for streamlined, compliant and efficient content management within the facility.
Reporting to the General Manager, Stryker Dublin, you will work together with the Technical Operations Center to run live content operations and have direct responsibility for scheduling local contract staff to oversee event ingest and metadata application processes both live and post-event. Your experience supervising and motivating technical staff, demonstrated ability to work to a schedule, and the capacity to manage work streams that are influenced by a diverse set of teams, will be essential as you implement and run an asset management practice that generates identifiability and value in every media asset processed by the facility.
Your affinity for helping users, documenting processes, and representing team feedback for software and hardware issues will be crucial components towards integrating the Dublin Stryker facility into the Global Content Operation support structure, a core attribute as we establish an outstanding media asset operation for Riot Esports.
- Apply the Global Content Operations strategy within the Regional Broadcast Center
- Develop content validation and metadata curation processes for local ingests
- Design, test and deploy delivery workflows according to developing needs
- Manage Media Coordinators and logging staff according to event and content load
- Perform metadata integrations and mappings for regional parties
- Manage daily content ingest operations
- Contribute to global content operations support provided to system users
- Oversee content logging projects
- Support users of the Global Content Platform
- Produce and keep current localized system documentation
- Monitor system health; Report system bugs with vendors
- Maintain expert level knowledge of Media and Digital Asset Management technology
- 6+ years of experience in Media Asset Management
- 2+ years of experience in supervisory roles
- Knowledge of main broadcast and digital video and audio formats
- Knowledge of broadcast media asset management systems and related technology stacks
- Passionate about troubleshooting issues, exploring and experimenting new methods
- Advanced experience of broadcast and streaming Encoding Standards
- Experience composing runbooks and process documentation
- Proficient in video and image editing platforms, specifically Adobe Creative Cloud and Final Cut
- Working knowledge of data exchange formats (XML, JSON, Exif)
- Experience with the Iconik Media Management and EVS IP-VIA and IP-Director systems
- Experience working and integrating with D.A.M., CMS and VCMS platforms
- Up-to-date with all current and forthcoming streaming media technologies
- Knowledge of SOAP, REST, XML, XML Schema, JSON technologies
- Understanding of Closed Caption Workflows for both video-on-demand and live
- Knowledgeable about esports and, specifically, Riot Games products
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't fully meet every one of the requirements for the role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you! Don't forget to include a resume. We receive many applications, but we'll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.