Game UI Designer II - VALORANT
Job Id: REQ-0004248
Riot Visual Designers seek to craft the best player experiences through their knowledge of systemic design, graphic design, interactivity, layout, typography, color theory and illustration. Designers collaborate with cross disciplinary teams and act as both artistic and design problem solvers. They understand players and ask questions about the what, who and how when solving for an interface or communication challenge.
As a Visual Designer on VALORANT you will develop and execute visuals to support new content and products in and around the game, with a focus on implementing UI assets. You will collaborate with Producers, Artists, Designers and Engineers across the product. You will report into the Manager of Visual Design Art.
- Work closely with other Visual Designers, UX and engineers to learn workflow processes within the Unreal Engine;
- Imagine and compose UI elements for use across our game in Unreal game engine;
- Create polished menu experiences that enhance player interactions and help deepen the player experience;
- Generate, maintain and disseminate design documents such as style guides and design pattern libraries that facilitate a high-quality, consistent visual aesthetic;
- Work closely and cross-disciplinary with Feature teams to create and implement 2D assets;
- Able to identify and solve issues impacting the quality of work;
- Review your work and prioritize changes;
- Possess a growth mindset, seeking mentorship from the discipline artists and community;
- Craft visually balanced and intuitive interfaces that show an understanding of readability hierarchy, and player behavior patterns.
- Foster an open creative environment where teammates collaborate to help each other create better artwork through honest criticism and feedback;
- 2+ years of professional experience as a Visual Designer or equivalent education;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects;
- Demonstrated design fundamentals (layout, composition, grids, typography, etc;.
- Knowledge of the game development pipeline including optimization, localization, implementation.
- Hands-on experience contributing to a feature, game, product launch, or entertainment property through the craft of visual communication design;
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects;
- Familiarity with Unity, Unreal, or relevant game engine;
- Familiarity with Perforce;
- Experience in a secondary area such as motion graphics, illustration, animation, or modeling is a plus.
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.