Software Engineer - League PC, Shanghai Game Studio
Job Id: REQ-0004625
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work in many broader domains. As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You’ll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Senior Software Engineer within the Riot Shanghai Studio supporting League PC, you will work in the Shanghai office. You’ll develop key League PC features. You'll use your experience with platforms and microservices to build reliable, scalable systems that are easy to understand and operate. You'll also draw on your experience with engineering best practices to ensure that our testing and deployment tech is top of the line. You'll work with other backend service teams and influence LoL-wide technical decisions.
- Write high-quality code that follows Riot and industry best practices
- Build and operate scalable microservices that require performance and reliability
- Develop and adopt tools that allow League of Legends to operate easily at scale
- Participate in the team's on-call rotation
- Participate in interviewing, and help with mentoring and career development of more junior engineers
- 4+ years of deep hands-on programming experience in one of the following languages: C/C++, Java, Go, Python, C#
- Experience operating and maintaining live web services and troubleshooting live issues
- Experience developing fault-tolerant distributed systems from the ground up, including requirements-gathering, architecture design, project breakdown, and execution
- Experience defining team-level technical processes, such as code reviews and testing
- Experience with cloud services (e.g. AWS, Azure)
- Experience developing and operating services at scale
- Experience with containerization technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).