Technical QA Analyst II - League, PIE
Job Id: REQ-0004904
As a Technical QA Analyst II you will build tools to assist teams in making quality an everyday part of the Software Development Life Cycle. You will analyze and use quality data to make informed decisions and recommendations about quality improvements. You also have great product sense and will find ways to use technology to test the limits of the product experience.
As a Technical QA Analyst II on League of Legends’ Player Immersion and Expression (PIE) team, you will primarily work on League services and content configuration improvements, such as Missions, Store, and Loot, and tooling evolution. You're responsible for ensuring that delivery intent is understood by the test teams, risks to quality are highlighted, and that your teams have the necessary resources to reach your quality goals. You will guide the implementation of testing processes and help design automated test solutions. You'll take on complex and ambiguous problem spaces and assure quality for the team with your solutions. A Technical QA Analyst II will typically report to a QA Manager.
- Provide direct guidance on developing test plans and test execution
- Create automated tests and process improvements
- Develop tools to improve the quality of the development process
- Create test plans, test cases, and establish the structure and rhythm of testing
- Contribute to team building activities such as interviewing and onboarding
- You're trusted and expected to be the Voice of the Player
- 3 or more years Software Quality Assurance experience, with success leading testing efforts on a team
- Product Development Pipelines and Workflows (Git, Jenkins, Docker, Artifactory, rCluster)
- Programming languages experience (especially with Python)
- Automated testing frameworks and tools (e.g. Xunit, Selenium, Cucumber / Specflow, Appium, Postman)
- Test Strategy, Planning, and Design
- Quality Management: Planning, Assurance, Control, and Improvement
- Programming language experience (scripting languages)
- 3 or more years Software Quality Assurance Experience, with at least 1 or more years in a technical quality role
- Preferred Licenses/certifications:
- ISTQB Foundation Level
- ISTQB Agile Tester or ICAgile Agile Testing (ICP-TST)
- ISTQB Expert Level
- ISTQB Advanced Test Manager
- ICAgile Test Expert (ICE-AT)
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).