Senior Manager, Production - Wild Rift Shanghai
Job Id: REQ-0004938
As a Senior Manager in Production based out of Riot’s Shanghai studio, you’ll lead passionate cross-functional teams in crafting incredible experiences for players around the world. By encouraging teams to collaborate, you’ll drive development, smashing through obstacles and driving products into players’ hands. You’ll exceed expectations by helping concept, deliver, improve, and influence creative projects at every stage of production.
As a Senior Manager in Production on League of Legends: Wild Rift, you’ll report into the Senior Director Of Operations on Wild Rift. As the Production delivery lead for the Shanghai based Wild Rift team, you will cultivate a high performing and inclusive culture so that all game developers are empowered to do their best work. You will ensure your team places a high value on delivering the product using sustainable development practices, maintaining the health of the team. You will also ensure high-collaboration with our China based co-development partners and our Los Angeles based team.
Your work may involve travel to Los Angeles and Shenzhen China.
- Set the standard for the production discipline on Wild Rift in the Shanghai Studio, including delivery craft, Riot Values, team health.
- Provide accurate visibility on the status and health of the production pipeline and highlight shortfalls or risks, and other forms of escalation with stakeholders.
- Build, mentor, and manage a team to fully own features for Wild Rift, including workforce planning and recruiting strategy.
- Create efficient work systems and communication systems for project managing remote Chinese co-developers and Riot Los Angeles product owners.
- Coordinate and collaborate with Riot Los Angeles & Chinese developers on production planning to ensure priorities are clear and hold teams accountable to deliver scheduled commitments.
- 8+ years of working in game development, with experience in the full game development life cycle using a variety of development methodologies (Scrum, Lean, Waterfall, etc).
- Systems-based thinking, with a willingness to invest time to understand root cause analysis.
- Strong negotiation skills, with a mix of patience and goal orientation to navigate complex cultural, technology and product requirements.
- Ability to manage change across teams, organizations, and cultures.
- Business Fluency in English & Mandarin.
- Genre affinity for games in the mobile free-to-play space, especially MOBAs
- Ability to teach teammates to practically apply software development methodologies (Scrum, Waterfall, Kanban, etc) to game development.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).