Principal UX Designer - Player Platform, Developer Impact
Job Id: 4709
As User Experience Designers at Riot working on developer scenarios, we empower Riot developers to create the best possible player experiences by refining existing tools and creating innovative new ways of working. We collaborate with interdisciplinary teams and use a variety of design techniques to enable new levels of technical innovation.
Do you want to improve all of Riot’s games by empowering our developers across the world? As the Principal User Experience Designer for Developer Impact on Player Platform, you’ll provide creative leadership for a new design team focused on improving the experience of Riot’s internal developers and 3rd party external developers. In your daily work, you’ll identify and deliver improvements to the service design of existing systems while serving on working groups defining our 5-year vision and roadmap.
- Ensuring clarity of vision, experiential quality, and consistency across features end-to-end.
- Participating in ideation and envisioning work with workshop facilitation, storyboards, journey maps, prototypes, or other appropriate contributions.
- Delivering appropriate level of design artifacts for the team (e.g. strategy, research results, journey maps, flows, wireframes, and/or prototypes).
- Communicating data-informed vision and design rationale to the team and stakeholders.
- Driving light research efforts (interviews, small studies) independently, partnering with Research for larger efforts.
- Building trust and cultivating relationships across teams in Player Platform.game teams, and other departments at Riot.
- 8+ years experience designing digital experiences, products, and platforms as a User Experience Designer or Interaction Designer
- Experience with Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, or other equivalent industry design and prototyping tools
- A professional portfolio with examples of your past work.
- Experience designing for professional or administrative scenarios in at least one industry (for example: software development, banking, cloud platforms, customer relationship management, logistics, or video game live operations.)
- Workshop design and/or facilitation experience
- Experience mentoring more than one designer
- Familiarity with or experience working on developer-facing products
We will review your work as a part of the application process, so please provide a portfolio link or work samples with your application.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).