Insights Analyst - League of Legends
Job Id: REQ-0005170
Analysts at Riot Games use their technical skills to analyze the data generated across our ecosystem to better understand our players, making strategic recommendations based on their findings. Their audience empathy and love of games, and familiarity with complex systems will ensure that we stay informed about the impacts of our decisions on our audience.
As an Insights Analyst for League of Legends, you will work with the teams who focus on enhancing game experiences and revenue products to delight players for years to come. You will work with producers and use massive data sets to improve the performance of the products and the experience of players engaging with them. You will report to the Analytics Lead on League of Legends PC.
- Partner with product teams, revenue strategists, and researchers to produce frameworks and insights that craft how gameplay experiences and revenue products are optimized
- Identify the most significant questions and partner with data and engineering to implement and maintain the telemetry necessary to answer those questions
- Build analyses and visualizations to answer the team’s most pressing questions and monitor the results of product decisions
- Communicate with producers and designers to understand their business needs and translate these into projects
- Present findings and recommendations to leadership and producers
- Deep knowledge of League of Legends gameplay and monetization systems OR experience working on telemetry and analytics within the Gaming industry
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Business Administration, or a related discipline
- Professional or academic experience with data analysis or data visualizations
- Professional or academic experience in project-based work, involving collaborating with other team members or working with a client
- Proficient in PowerPoint and at least one analytical tool, such as Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets), SQL, Python, or Tableau
- Professional work experience in data analytics, management consulting, business operations, business strategy, consumer insights, or related experience
- Advanced in Tableau, SQL, and Python
- GPA of 3.5 or higher
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.