Senior Software Engineer (Gameplay) - TFT, Cosmetics
Job Id: REQ-0005224
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a software engineer, you’ll work with both new and current technologies, creating innovative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to deliver player value.
As a Senior Software Engineer (Gameplay) on the Cosmetics team within Teamfight Tactics, you will collaborate with a multidisciplinary team helping content creators express their craft through new game features, systems, and experiences for our players. You will discuss and determine the needs of art, design, and audio in a highly collaborative environment. You will build new technology in a wide variety of game systems to meet those needs. Teamfight Tactics is a multi-platform game; supporting PC, Android and iOS; so cross-platform experience would be beneficial. You will report to the Engineering Manager responsible for the Cosmetics team.
- Work with multi-disciplinary partners to ensure we’re delivering awesome features to excite them and our players
- Mentor more junior engineers to develop technically sound features and foster a creative atmosphere in which all disciplines can shine
- Influence software engineering best practices within the team, including design reviews, coding standards, code reviews, tools improvements, source control management, and test/build/deploy processes
- Develop sustainable solutions, improving the engine and leaving it better than you found it
- 3+ years game industry or relevant engineering experience
- Expertise in C++ in a real-time environment
- Have been responsible for driving the design and leading of development of multi-month efforts, including requirements gathering, planning, testing, and release or deployment
- Collaborative mindset and experience working with others disciplines
- Familiarity with iterative development methodologies like Scrum, Agile or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with game engine tools, workflows & content pipelines
- 3+ years of experience in the video game industry including one or more shipped titles
- Mobile and/or multi-platform experience a bonus
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).