Product Manager III - Riot XP
Job Id: REQ-0005219
You will focus on building product strategy to enhance the Riot Player experience in cross Riot Programs. As Riot moves towards Camp 2, we as the Riot XP Product organization will be tasked with creating new experiences in spaces yet to be defined at Riot. Working with existing products and products to be announced, we strive to continue making the most player focused experiences possible.
As a pro communicator and collaborator, you crystallize XP’s vision for other Riot teams and show what’s possible when Riot products align. Our chief objective will be to enhance collaboration at Riot to harness all the potential that Riot has to offer.
You will work with XP and leaders across the organization to identify, plan, and execute cross-product moments and create the types of holistic experiences that bring deeper (and broader) impact to players. Your ability to help teams focus on what's really important to the experience for our players, while articulating the tradeoffs teams will have to make as they collaborate for multi game experiences will be key in driving cross-product activations across Riot. Your understanding of our players will allow you to know what's important to our diverse players and communicate where there may be flexibility in an experience.
As a keen observer you can absorb new information quickly, and calibrate it to opportunities at hand while focusing on the resonance of our future Riot XP products. The spaces we will work in are not 100% defined, as such we will need to approach our work with a strong sense of growth and learning first.
- In major Riot Programs, co-create product strategies in partnership with product teams across Riot’s business units.
- In major Riot Programs, work in a prototype cycle to rapidly develop proposed solutions to Riot’s new exploratory spaces.
- Work with creative leads across Riot Products to identify and enhance player experience offerings. (Make cool shit)
- Collaborate with XP Publishing and Production to refine audience and engagement loops.
- Work w/ XP stakeholders to resolve program conflicts. (examples: product mix, timing of releases across various teams, product-segment targeting)
- Work directly with all components of the XP team (product, insights, and project management) to develop systems for a healthy product lifecycle.
- Create pitch documents and artifacts to extend the program vision for collaborating teams.
- Be accountable for the quality of the idea “in translation”. Starting with communicating the idea to others and understanding how their output matches the original concepts.
- Understand the Riot XP quality bar and set expectations with partner teams on how to meet or exceed this quality bar.
- A strong affinity for gaming and pop culture
- 7+ years as a product lead or team leader
- Experience shepherding products in cross-team environments, able to work cross functionally to support teams
- Demonstrated the ability to create a product from an ambiguous prompt, solving a need that was defined without specific parameters for the solution
- Experience building alignment ambiguous environments or delivered a product that provided for an underserved audience
- Demonstrated ability of identifying risks and mitigation strategies
- Must excel at both working alone and as part of a small team
- Experience building and shipping products and/or experiences start to finish
- Strong product strategy skills
- Strong sense of gaming’s audience orientation current and future
- High sense of empathy and understanding of others viewpoints
- Experience leading with influence
- Experience working with diverse stakeholders with differing goals effectively
- Actively seeks better collaboration
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.