Manager, Game Production - League of Legends
Job Id: REQ-0005308
Manager, Game Production leads a team of teams and products from conception, launch, and operation inside of the gaming space. They create and align teams to a product vision, have a deep understanding of player needs, competitors, and market conditions, and are able to balance scope, quality, and time to predictably deliver at a high quality bar for players.
As a Manager, Game Production on League of Legends, you will partner with the team’s Product Manager, Quality Owner, and Tech Lead to ensure the success of the team. You will be the custodian of strong delivery processes and ensure that collaboration with other teams runs smoothly. You will oversee a team of teams work, build work systems, ensure execution, and provide stakeholders and customers with visibility on complex deliverables. You will also ensure teams work at a sustainable pace and continuously improve. You will work with an offsite team to oversee their development of features and services and ensure they are incorporated into the team’s work system. Your role will report to a Senior Manager in Game Production on League of Legends.
- Lead a game development team of teams to own and deliver live services or features for League of Legends
- Manage and improve work systems, team performance metrics, and goal setting
- Maintain and report on project status regularly to stakeholders, customers, and dependent teams
- Hire, mentor, and grow producers for teams within your space
- Facilitate conversations, identify misalignment areas in development, and develop risk mitigation plans
- Manage and improve the team’s maturity, performance, health, and happiness
- Build strong relationships with partner teams and craft working agreements to manage joint projects
- Minimum of 5 years of experience shipping games, applications, or software in a production/product/program management role
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a people management role or people leadership
- Experience leading teams through feature development (planning, execution, delivery, post-release support)
- Experience with live games/services and regular patch cadences
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Experience building frameworks; bringing clarity and conciseness
- Strong familiarity with production process (agile, scrum, waterfall) and tools (Jira, structure, or Airtable)
- Experience with a global, live game service
- Experience managing game development
- Extensive knowledge of League of Legends
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).