Business Development Manager
Job Id: REQ-0005328
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As the Business Development Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to develop Riot’s Partnerships Ecosystem, defining partnership guidelines that identify strategic partners to improve fan and player engagement. With a strong understanding of Riot, you will support the business development partnership cycle from prospecting, qualifying leads, closing deals and generating strategic or commercial deals and revenue to support Riot’s commercial ecosystem.
Your strategic vision, entrepreneurialism, business development skills, operational excellence and passion for Riot Games will help you to establish new standards. You will help make business proposals and negotiate, structure and execute commercial agreements and contracts with key partners to unlock fandom. To create holistic, outstanding experiences for players, fans and partners, you will partner with different stakeholders and teams from our local teams of publishing, entertainment, production, etc. to the Global Business Development and Partnerships team in Los Angeles.
Based in Shenzhen or Shanghai, you’ll join a tight-knit group of exceptionally bright-minded individuals who share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming. Riot Games is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players they aren’t lost in translation. You will report to the Commercial Development Lead to align your business development strategy with our overall business development strategy for the whole region and worldwide.
- Represent Riot with partners during the development phase; forge and structure partnerships that not only deliver on the KPIs of both Riot and the partner but also delights our players as well.
- Be the single point of contact on partner proposals and drive the commercial pipeline for all Riot products by sourcing new business, negotiating terms, and finalizing contracts.
- Develop strategy to streamline how we prioritize opportunities, and when to bring important internal team members onboard from initial negotiations through execution to ensure successful long-term partnerships.
- Explore and assess new business categories and markets, and then build external partner relationships quickly.
- Collaborate across Riot to identify new business opportunities, technologies, and assets to build unique and valuable opportunities for partner integration.
- Articulate partnership business needs, visions and strategies by providing relevant insights and data analysis to our internal stakeholders.
- Maintain a deep and current understanding of the Riot ecosystem
- 5 years+ of relevant experience with a Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in building and managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Experienced in entering negotiations fully informed about internal considerations, knowing how to navigate the situation to best settle differences and, ideally, win concessions
- Solid experience in structuring deals and valuation frameworks in gaming, sports, esports, media, entertainment, marketing partnerships, and/or consulting.
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Fluent in both English and Mandarin
- Passion for video games, and knowledge of esports and media marketplace is a plus