Lead Visual Designer - Player Platform
Job Id: REQ-0005335
Riot Visual Designers want to craft the best player experiences through their knowledge of systems design, graphic design, interactivity, layout, typography and color theory. They understand players and ask questions about the what, who, and how when solving for an interface or communication challenge.
As a Lead Visual Designer in our Player Platform group, you will do art direction, design interfaces and scalable UI systems across global player facing Riot products and platforms. You’ll make our products come to life through your deep understanding of interactivity.
In this role you will work closely with Designers, Product Owners, and Engineers across multiple product teams to design and build outstanding out-of-game player experiences. You will report to the Sr. Manager, Visual Design Art for Player Platform.
- Craft visually intriguing and intuitive interfaces that show an understanding of readability, hierarchy, interactivity and player behavior patterns.
- Create and apply scalable design solutions for a variety of digital products across multiple platforms and devices to enhance the player experience around the games.
- Build efficient style guides and design systems and communicate conventions for future product iterations and new content.
- Champion best practices and guidelines for products you design across the organization.
- Collaborate with product partners and vision holders to prioritize changes and influence delivery goals.
- Work with UX designers and engineers to visualize and implement various interface solutions.
- Create motion design concepts and high fidelity prototypes of interfaces.
- Mentor designers from the discipline and art community.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Visual Designer or UI Designer in digital products or web.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Figma or Sketch and the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Knowledge of digital product design pipeline including systems design and cross-platform responsive design.
- Experience designing interfaces that meet both aesthetic and functional goals.
- 3+ years of digital product design experience (pc, mobile, or console)
- Experience leading digital design processes.
- Experience in a secondary craft area such as UI motion graphics, front-end coding, illustration, or branding is a plus.
- Experience with creative direction and the pitch process.
We will review your work as a part of the application process, so please provide a portfolio with your application.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).