Researcher III - Entertainment, General
Job Id: REQ-0005349
As a Senior Researcher reporting to the Manager, Insights, you’ll join the Insights discipline, the group of researchers, analysts, data scientists and strategists responsible for solving problems and executing analyses that enable Rioters to make difficult decisions with confidence. You’ll be part of an interdisciplinary team and work closely with other Rioters (creatives, producers, writers, marketers, and more) to help determine what product and audience insights they need to make data-informed decisions. You’ll then conduct the research projects, surveys, studies, and analyses that will provide those insights. If you’re looking to leverage your research toolkit to collaborate with product owners as they launch new entertainment initiatives, this is an excellent opportunity for you.
- Design and manage research projects, selecting appropriate methodologies, managing timelines and deliverables
- Craft surveys that will determine effectiveness and resonance of Riot entertainment products; Maintain and manage surveys/trackers as needed
- Use data (primary and secondary) to to develop profiles for Riot’s audience and potential audience for various entertainment products (like TV shows, films, music franchises)
- Advocate for players that are fans of Riot’s entertainment products and provide strategic guidance about their wants, needs, and behaviors
- Work with/manage external research partners and vendors
- Leverage your storytelling skills to share your results with Rioters in actionable/insightful ways
- Build relationships with stakeholders to establish a trusted, consultative partnership
- 4+ years experience in market research, academic research or related field, or advanced degree in social sciences
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative research design
- Experience with entertainment products (music, TV, film) a plus
- Excellent, demonstrable presentation building skills
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.