QA Engineer II - Unpublished R&D Product
Job Id: REQ-0005420
QA Engineers are champions for quality, focused on testing in service of a holistic understanding of Riot's projects. They create test plans and evaluate both the functional and subjective caliber of projects for a Riot development team. As every project is different, they listen and improve, to put the players and their team first, and to solve ambiguous and complex problems. Most importantly, it's their passion and love for quality that ensures that QA Engineers help us level up and improve our processes, giving players the best experiences while playing our games.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer II on an R&D Team, you will own the development and compliance of the QA process for your team. You will work with software engineers, content developers, artists, producers and project managers to create value for Players around the world by running complex tests and designing processes for efficient testing across multiple platforms. You will be guided by Riot's Test Policy to ensure the execution of quality activities at every stage of the software development life cycle. You will also be tasked to work with other QA professionals, often remotely to get your work completed.
A Quality Assurance Engineer II will report to the QA Manager on the team.
- Your execution of quality activities (testing, risk assessment) impacts the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of the teams you support as well as the whole product
- You will have specific recommendations for improvements on the development process and quality of the products you work on
- You solve complex problems by innovating on best practices, and implement new ways of approaching and mitigating quality risks.
- You need little instruction on day-to-day work, and you are able to operate independently, while also instructing other QA and external testers in their day to day tasks
- Your skills show expertise in one area, and you are able to deploy a variety of craft elements to solve increasingly complex problems
- Experience designing and executing test plans
- Experience managing components of a defect database
- Experience tasking remote testers and providing feedback on effectiveness
- Experience creating custom reports on test coverage and defect data
- Experience working with team leadership to develop Quality practices
- Ability to hold teams accountable to Quality metrics and reach compliance with Quality goals
- 3+ years Software Quality Assurance Experience, with success leading testing efforts on a team
- Experience working on meta systems, products with a frequent update cycle, and competitive games.
- Preferred Licenses/certifications (or equivalent for all below):
- ISTQB Foundation Level
- ISTQB Agile Tester or ICAgile Agile Testing (ICP-TST)
- ISTQB Expert Level
- ISTQB Advanced Test Manager
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).