Senior Technical Artist - League of Legends, Tools & Pipeline
Job Id: REQ-0005527
The mission of Technical Art at Riot is to establish and improve the systems, tools, rigs, assets, and workflows that unleash the creativity of our artists and allow the production of the best possible art content for our players.
As a Senior Tools & Pipeline TA on the PIE-C TechOps team, you'll inform the tech used for content development. This will involve building tools, pipelines, and workflows for Digital Content Creation software, working with engineering in the design of our in-house tools, and consulting with art to discover the best possible solutions to the challenges we face. Your primary focus will be on our Art Sustainability Update (ASU) project, and you'll report to the Tools & Pipeline TA Lead on TechOps.
- Level up the end-to-end workflow for our many art disciplines, such as Character Art, Animation, Rigging and VFX.
- Provide technical support to artists working from our art workflows, collecting data to further improve the tools they are using, making recommendations and improvements where necessary.
- Be an available and eager mentor for other Technical Artists in their craft.
- Be an active member of the Technical Art community within Riot by participating in craft-focused meetings and events.
- Build close relationships with the artists and engineers you work alongside to better understand their needs and to collaborate with on tool and pipeline development.
- Troubleshoot production issues with tools and art creation workflows.
- 5+ years of experience as a technical artist in games or related industries
- Expertise in industry standard content creation tools, such as Maya and Photoshop
- Fluency in Python and related UI frameworks such PyQt/PySide
- Expertise in digital asset repositories, such as Perforce
- Programming fundamentals, such as data structures, algorithms, and design patterns
- Experience writing C++
- Experience with automation frameworks, such as Jenkins or Bamboo
- Experience with serverless computing, such as AWS Lambda or GC Functions
- Experience in game development using modern engines, such as Unreal and Unity
For this role, you’ll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).