Senior Manager, Content and Programming - Esports
Job Id: REQ-0005541
The Global Esports team is focused on delivering amazing fan experiences through our global esports events and regional competitions. Our professional, semi-professional, and grassroots competitive tiers across all Riot games involve thousands of players and hundreds of organizations competing every week. Reporting into the Sr. Director, Product Management and functioning as the head of content programming and planning, you will lead the development and execution of the global esports content programming strategy. You will drive the scheduling, insights and strategy behind a highly resonant global content portfolio for Riot Esports content that attracts new viewers, deepens fandom, and keeps them coming back week over week. You will also build and direct a team of content strategists and program managers partnering with regional esports teams and global esports content services to drive content development and programming decisions that make Riot Esports synonymous with the best esports content in the world.
- Develop, optimize and execute content programming strategy in partnership with content services and regional esports teams
- Drive content programming and scheduling across Riot's portfolio of esports in partnership with creative teams to develop a slate of content that delights our global fans
- Scheduling all live and on demand content across Riot's esports channels
- Manage programming and reporting tools ensuring that key decision makers have visibility into content scheduling and performance
- Develop a deep understanding of industry trends as well as competitive threats and opportunities.
- Regularly present analyses and reports on relevant performance metrics to help inform product direction
- Conduct ongoing analysis of key business drivers, trends and performance indicators.
- 7+ years experience working in digital content program management, content planning and development, or consulting
- 3+ years of experience leading and managing matrixed teams
- Experience building programming strategy for daily and tentpole moment engagement
- Strong project and program management skills working with internal and external partners in digital media and content development
- Strong collaboration skills with demonstrated success working across global teams
- Ability to conduct analysis of content consumption and provide strategic recommendations for future development and programming
- Deep understanding of content preferences of esport and gaming fans and trends driving fan engagement across content verticals
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.