Communications Manager, Esports, EMEA
Job Id: REQ-0005599
The Publishing Services team in EMEA manages many direct-to-player publishing functions such as communications, social media, influencer strategies, events, content and channel management.
The team is dedicated to providing platforms for authentic local interactions and channel experiences for our players, both online and offline. The team will also ensure that our content reaches our players through the right medium.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Marketing Communications EMEA, you will be based in Berlin, Germany.
You will work across our Esports brands, from the LEC to VRC, collaborating closely with the EMEA Brand team, EMEA Esports teams, local publishing teams, and partners to promote content and campaigns across different platforms.
You will be responsible for guiding our regional channel strategies, working closely with publishing teams across EMEA to ensure our Esports content is delivered in the most effective way to players - from reinventing the watch experience and how our players discover tournaments and matches, to growing the mainstream conversation around esports.
You will participate in a community of practice around channel management, ensuring we're all pushing in the same direction and working from the same playbook when we talk to players.
- Be a strategic partner to EMEA Brand Team, EMEA Esports teams, and regional publishing teams - leveling up how we talk to players about Esports - from new ways to watch or co-stream events, to perception shifting communications campaigns
- Grow and amplify unique EMEA initiatives alongside EMEA Brand Managers and regional publishing teams that deliver player value.
- Working with Insights team - identify, assess and share earned and owned channel opportunities for our Esports brands with the wider EMEA teams
- Identify, assess and share knowledge of key trends and opportunities for Esports amongst the wider EMEA teams - growing and amplifying unique EMEA initiatives where applicable
- Represent the voice of regional publishing teams, and players, in EMEA to Global teams and EMEA Esports across earned and owned channel disciplines - including influencer management, player messaging, social channels.
- Align all EMEA countries on campaign goals and measurements KPIs. Roll out measurement plans and enhance the team's collective knowledge of campaign performance, future audience and landscape.
- Working with EMEA Brand Managers and wider Channel Management team, establish communication roadmaps for better campaign deployments and gather post campaign feedback on the deployment process.
- Drive asset management planning for Esports content, working closely with the content manager and key stakeholders in the Esports teams key stakeholders in the global and Esports teams (Global Channel Marketing, Publishing, Community and Communications) to ensure that all content produced is delivered on time to country teams. Establish and implement the necessary procedures for improving asset collection and delivery efficiency.
- Identify and run RFPs to secure agency support where necessary; work with our internal creative team, internal social media team, and external agency/agencies to develop content for pan EMEA campaigns.
- 6+ years of experience in communication, social or influencer management at an agency or in-house in the video game, technology, or entertainment industry
- Knowledge of esports scene
- Global or regional experience working at an international HQ or across multiple countries/markets
- Knowledge of regional differences, market sensitivities, cultural curiosity and understanding, differences in localisation
- Experience implementing successful communications campaigns with passionate audiences
- Experience in influencer management, community management, or social media marketing experience
- Experience growing content pipelines (in-house and external/agency)
- Fluent in written and verbal English, and fluency in at least one other EMEA relevant language
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Commuting allowance
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- Daily lunch, snacks and fruit
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to nonprofits
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!