Manager, Content Operations & Channel Strategy
Job Id: REQ-0005600
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Manager, Content Operations and Channel Strategist, you will work with a team of communication specialists, brand managers, product owners and vendors, to define, orchestrate and be accountable for the channel strategy of all products of Riot Games Latam. At the same time you will direct the day-to-day content distribution on our owned channels (including social media) and be the coordinator and keeper of the content publishing process. You will be the shepherd of the content-shepherds, focusing your efforts on optimal content distribution, content optimization, and publishing strategy.
You will report to the Senior Manager, in the Latam Marketing services team, where you will help manage the team of Rioters responsible for publishing content, help develop content best practices, improve processes and work systems, trafficking, project plans, and publication calendars.
- Manage a team, providing craft guidance in channel strategy, social, content operations and distribution (trafficking).
- Editorial vigilance and strategy: responsible for ensuring the correct tone, strategic alignment and message of Latam player-facing content, making sure they engage with all of our games in a meaningful way, getting the correct messages to the right audiences to help our business objectives.
- Owned Channel management and publication: Ensuring the streamline of content on all of our channels (including web, social media and game clients) making sure players from Latam have a seamless and engaging experience consuming content from all of our games and products, all in a timely manner and on the right and functional channels, while constantly making sure to improve all of the processes involved to reduce errors and facilitate the collaboration between teams.
- Be the Latam POC and leader of connecting with other regions and global teams regarding general channel strategy, best practices, and knowledge sharing.
- Manage complex workflows and processes, facilitating rituals to keep the team on track of all publication calendars.
- Specialized services coordination of: Copywriting, Sentiment Reporting, and some performance reporting.
- 7+ years of experience in adjacent/relevant positions in content publishing / content management
- You've worked on products with a regional footprint, coordinating with colleagues across different time zones
- Experience managing complex stakeholder relationships
- Experience managing project planning, task prioritization, and coordination with development teams
- Familiarity and or experience with publishing tools.
- Experience managing, planning and publishing editorial calendars
- Impeccable and acreditable written and verbal communication skills in spanish
- High proficiency in English written and spoken for business.
- You've worked in CMSes and know how they should work, and have lead the implementation of CMSes and CMS features
- You have editorial experience and or QA for editorial content.
- Vendor management experience with creative agencies
As a Mexico City Rioter, you’ll join a small team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and maniacal passion for gaming. With teams in Marketing, Business Development, Publishing and Esports, Riot Games Mexico City is dedicated to creating unique player experiences that show local players they aren't lost in translation.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.