QA Engineer II - Unpublished R&D Product
Job Id: REQ-0005645
At Riot, we believe "QA" is more than the bug-finding process that follows months of development work. For us, it's a set of values, practices, and behaviors that inform every part of the development process. Riot QA assists our engineers, artists, and designers to accomplish their best work, and the best way to work. Through iteration and fast cycles, we refine our choices and identify process and product defects early, thus protecting the player from flaws and distractions. By honing our craft of quality and demonstrating cross-discipline partnerships we are improving how quickly we can bring outstanding experiences while reaching ever higher degrees of product integrity. We help Riot sustainably craft excellent experiences for players, globally.
As a QA Engineer II on R&D, you will report into the QA Manager. You will work on a wide range of early developmental content that is under rapid iteration. You will work with different disciplines and promote quality for the team, while enabling them to work effectively. You will put the player experience first and help create content to excite them. You will be guided by Riot's Test Policy and contribute to quality activities at every stage of development.
- Triage, monitor, and prioritize the defect database
- Give feedback on content and code being developed
- Unlock developer efficiency by testing the right amount at the right time
- Collaborate with outsourced QA teams, overseeing and auditing test results
- Improve on methods of test execution at the team-level
- Collaborate with different disciplines to push quality upstream
- Inform product teams on progress towards quality goals
- Manage communication related to test status with stakeholders
- Establish team-level quality goals for product
- Ensure efficient testing by identifying areas for tool support
- Participate in product, process, and discipline retrospectives
- Analyze product risks and deliver assessment to leadership
- 3+ years of Quality Assurance Experience
- Knowledge of Product Development Pipelines and Workflows
- Agile Product Development & Agile Testing experience
- Experience working with multidisciplinary teams
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience coordinating external vendor teams.
- Experience testing on PC
- ISTQB Foundation Level. ISTQB Agile Tester or ICAgile Agile Testing (ICP-TST) Certification
- ISTQB Advanced Level Technical Test Analyst Certification
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).