Broadcast Engineer - Esports, Showtime (Americas)
Job Id: REQ-0005629
The Broadcast Engineer II role is dedicated to the maintenance and iterative development of our technical esports infrastructure. This role acts as an engineering project lead tackling the design and deployment of cutting-edge systems to support our numerous esports broadcasts. This position works closely with the Esports Live Production, Broadcast Production Management, and the Technical Operations teams to support both on-site and remote event productions. We are currently seeking engineering talent experienced with studio, transmission, and IP workflows ready to push the technical boundaries of traditional sports broadcasting to captivate and inspire esports fans worldwide.
- Act as a technical lead for studio/remote shows and support other broadcast engineers on technical implementation and delivery of complex projects
- Meter, measure and manipulate audio, video and control signals using broadcast instruments and measurement tools to ensure desired outcome
- Contribute to the design and deployment of Infrastructure architecture
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair broadcast/production hardware, systems and servers
- Evaluation of new technology and industry trends
- Work varied schedules, nights, weekends, and/or holidays
- 6+ years of broadcast experience and/or an advanced degree
- Extensive knowledge of switchers, audio boards, post production, ingest, playback, and transmission systems
- Operate, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair complex electronic, computer based, optical and mechanical broadcasting systems
- Strong understanding of video/audio encoding; formats, protocols and best practices
- Ability to provide constructive feedback around practices, tools, and methods related to production, broadcast and post-production
- Experience setting engineering best practices within your team, including design reviews, standards implementation, automation reviews, tool improvements, source control management, and testing
- Ability to act as a technical project manager
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple on-going projects
- Outstanding problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to analyze problems across a variety of facets to design holistic solutions
- Experience working on a team developing large systems from scratch, including gathering requirements and designing scalable, production-ready architecture
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $110,000 USD - $154,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).