Senior UX Designer
Job Id: REQ-0005689
As a Senior UX Designer on R&D，SHANGHAI you will be responsible for delivering design work in a high-scope, complex, and often ambiguous product area.You will design and create from the prototype stage, and cooperate closely with other designers.
We hope you have the patience and creativity to work with such uncertainty, which will last for a long time. It is your responsibility to ensure a smooth player interaction experience. You will work with the team to help the project pass the green light to the next stage.
- Experience working on a game in early stage and prototype design
- Enjoy the uncertainty of early-stage exploring
- Work under delayed gratification, be patient, creative and pursue excellence）
- Break down experiences thoughtfully for teams to be able to ship value incrementally (i.e., Minimum delightful experiences).
- Clearly present and communicate data-informed design ideas, vision, and strategy through visual storytelling.
- Articulate design decisions and communicate your data-informed vision, design rationale and solutions to team members.
- Deliver appropriate level of design artifacts for the team (e.g., strategy articulation and alignment frameworks, discovery/research results, journey maps, flows, wireframes, mockups and/or prototypes)
- Work with Design discipline leadership across the company to establish best-practices and quality standards, and champion user-centered design methodologies.
- 5+ years experience designing mobile experiences, products, and platforms as a User Experience Designer or Interaction Designer
- Experience with Figma, as well as Adobe Creative Suite, Miro, or other industry design and prototyping tools
- Experience designing interfaces and interactions for mobile
- A minimum of 1 year experience working with game engines (Unreal, Unity, etc.)
- A minimum of a BA/BS degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction/ Interface Design, Communication Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent experience
- Expertise designing across iOS Human Interface Guidelines and Android for Developers/ Material Design and an understanding of each platform’s differences and trade-offs
- Experience with mobile design, interaction patterns, and hardware differences/ capabilities (e.g., Gyroscope events, performance tradeoffs)
- Broad or secondary UX skills outside your core specialty: interaction design, content strategy, user research, information architecture, visual design, ui animation etc.
- Experience with Unreal engine
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.