Benefits Analyst (LOA & ADA)
Job Id: REQ-0005770
Riot’s People team exists to help Rioters make better decisions around its people. We bring our expertise to all of those typical HR activities such as hiring, onboarding, training and development, diversity and inclusion, performance management, benefits, perks, compensation, employee relations, and off-boarding so that all Rioters can flourish.
As a Benefits Analyst, reporting to the Benefits Sr Manager, you will play a meaningful role in the PTO and leave programs that our Rioters love. You'll configure and update our benefit systems to achieve harmony, and educate our sizable company by creating internal marketing and training. Individual Rioters will depend on your direct care for several benefit needs, and you'll review and transmit their sensitive data with focus.
- Oversee and administer Riot's US leave of absence and workers' comp programs, including Family and Medical Leave (FMLA), Americans with Disabilities (ADA), parental leave, military leave, disability, and PTO
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal laws and regulations on leave and disability and that the workers' compensation program is managed observing applicable OSHA and workers' compensation laws
- Be the primary contact for Rioters regarding all leaves of absence and related processes, from the initial notice of the need for leave through the return to work date
- Partner with Rioter Relations and HRBPs on all related cases, keeping them updated on the status of cases/claims
- Maintain the time and attendance process related to leaves of absence in Workday and participate in the ongoing design, test, and maintenance of Workday Benefits configuration for new functionality or enhancements
- Collaborate with different Riot teams to maintain COVID exposure and contact tracing procedures, to include reviewing action plans for Riot's response, contacting exposed individuals, and educating Rioters about benefits and leaves related to COVID as well as other responsibilities that could arise as Riot implements our COVID response
- Assess and implement new programs and systems, maintain documentation for all plans, amendments, and processes and work on continuous improvement of process effectiveness and the experience for Rioters
- Prepare and submit reports to federal, state, and city government agencies and serve as the contact for audits related to areas of oversight
- Guide communication between Riot, our benefits consultants and TPAs for leave, disability and life insurance administration
- Analyze patterns in utilization data and claims to track performance across our programs
- Develop educational and communications materials and training for Riot's growing organization
- Support the Benefits Team in influencing the benefits strategy, design, and implementation of programs
- Assist/coordinate implementation of different Riot-wide benefits programs
- 5+ years of HR or benefits experience, with 3+ years in leave, disability, and accommodation administration
- You understand current federal and state benefits laws and regulations (including FMLA, CFRA, PFL, HIPAA and other benefit legislation)
- You're proficient working with benefits and leave administration software systems
- You have experience interpreting and discussing complex leave related information with others, explaining terminology and concepts unfamiliar to most people
- You're comfortable delivering service to a variety of customers, from senior managers to entry-level talent
- You've often proposed, documented, and implemented new processes to improve the leave experience
- You have experience working solo on projects and across teams with employees from all over your company
- You're interested in and inspired by working across the benefits portfolio and in service to employee well being
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Insurance & Risk Management, or a comparable field
- You have HR experience at entertainment or technology organizations, or a similar industry
- You have experience with COVID exposure/contact tracing
- You're proficient in Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets)
- You're familiar with Workday HCM
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.