Manager, Game Production - Riot Game Operations, Age Ratings
Job Id: REQ-0005640
As a Manager, you’ll lead passionate cross-functional teams in crafting creative content and incredible experiences for players around the world. By encouraging teams to collaborate, you’ll drive development, smashing through obstacles and driving projects into players’ hands. You’ll exceed expectations by helping concept, deliver, improve, and influence creative projects at every stage of production.
As a Manager for the Age Ratings, reporting Lead of the team, you will act as a key business partner to game teams in two critical respects. First, you will support Riot’s upcoming games in preparation for and submission of materials to age ratings agencies for review and approval. You will be the key organizing function to ensure we remain on track and on schedule for launch. Second, you will work with various game and creative teams to ensure that the content they produce meets with Riot’s standards and practices. Together with a team of dedicated Rioters, you will craft awesome player experiences in and around League of Legends and beyond.
- Acting video game age ratings expert, with detailed knowledge of age ratings requirements, and risks for all major age ratings boards including: ESRB, ACB, PEGI, GRAC, USK, Classificao Indicativa, CERO, NMC, GCAM, OFLC and IARC.
- Own relationships with product teams leading into the age ratings submission process, which includes driving kick offs, scheduling and leading check ins, building out submission calendars, delivering feedback, identifying and tracking risks, and creating submission materials.
- Manage and streamline the age ratings submission process.
- Management of age ratings submission team
- Own relationships with the ESRB
- Create detailed age ratings analysis documentation which correctly identifies risks to age ratings targets in key regional areas such as Korea, Brazil, Europe, North American, Australia and Germany.
- Partner with key stakeholders from World Wide Publishing, Legal, D&I, and Game Producers, to ensure that all published content complies with regional age rating standards and practices.
- Schedule and lead regular checkup meetings with regional teams to resolve any issues.
- 5+ years of global age ratings experience
- Experience creating detailed product deliverable schedules
- Experience leading initiatives / process’ that rely on the collaboration of different disciplines
- Experience shipping multiple games in parallel
- Experience owning internal and external relationships
- Experience managing direct reports
- Customer service experience
- Experience identifying & communicating regional risk & solutions to all global stakeholders
- Experience with audio / video editing
- Familiarity with system tools like JIRA, Airtable, Adobe Suite and the Google Suite
- Experience with global age rating marketing requirements
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.