Esports Live Operation Specialist
Job Id: REQ-0006038
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As an Esports Live Operation specialist, you’ll work closely with Broadcast, Competitive Operations, Player Logistics, and Global Esports Teams (Production, Tech, IT) across KR to coordinate and prioritize tasks to ensure that all technical and event execution needs for Riot Esports events and any future events are met and exceeded. During the shows, you'll also act as the liaison between Stage, Broadcast, and IT to ensure that players - both onsite and at home - have an entertaining experience. As a Live Operation specialist, you'll be a source of information and support for any external teams that require assistance. This is not a role in broadcast production, the role is focused on planning and executing the technical aspect of events with particular emphasis on the tech that makes engaging esports events possible.
As a Rioter in Seoul, you’ll join a tight-knit group of exceptionally bright-minded individuals who share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming. Riot Games Korea is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players they aren’t lost in translation.
- Support operations of a live event including regional esports competitions and major Riot global events
- Have oversight of the technical aspects of an Esports event starting from managing proplayer PCs to making sure the game server is ready for the event
- Ensure competitive integrity and smooth operations
- Liaise with broadcast and manage external vendors in a live event environment for a smooth workflow of operations and be able to simplify complex situations
- Organize yearly schedules of Esports events and plan ahead to implement new changes including hardware and game patches
- Liaise with global teams to make sure your event has the best possible technology
- Troubleshoot for in-game or stage issues for live esports matches and provide solutions to prevent them from reoccuring in future events
- Support the Event Team Lead in global event management processes
- Experienced: 3+ years of experience of operation in a production industry including media, sports or esports
- Bilingual : You can converse fluently in both Korean and English
- Early adopter: New technology interests you and you’re willing to go beyond to accomplish goals
- Clear communicator: You can effectively communicate in any medium presentations, email, conference calls, etc.; you are able to convert a large amount of information and data into a clear message
- Team player: you’re willing to teach and learn, lead, and follow
- Multi-tasker: you manage multiple campaigns simultaneously and effectively while managing your time based on given priority
- Problem-solver: You’re able to drive and make decisive calls when stuff breaks and communicate with other teams and vendors to fix it in limited time under pressure
- Have a player-focused mindset to improve their event experience
- Bachelor’s degree in media or computer science
- Avid follower of esports or any other types of professional sports
- Experience in navigating unexpected complications with high stakes involved
- Experience working on a global esports or sports media production