Operations Manager, Production - VALORANT
Job Id: REQ-0006128
Production Operations Managers on VALORANT ensure our studio is running as an effective and efficient business. They use their deep, intimate knowledge of our game and development needs to help studio leadership shape and build business strategies that fit within Riot’s larger business goals.
This role reports into Sr. Production Operations Managers to fill the space between pure finance and game operations - they accurately report on studio business health to Riot, but also help guide VALORANT studio operations toward more healthy business practices. This is achieved through partnering with Production, and other teams as needed, to ensure the Operational needs of VALORANT are supported. The Production Operations Manager owns the annual strategic planning process within VALORANT to ensure it is delivered on time, quality and to expectation, in partnership with Riot Finance.
- Build and Implement Operations work systems and rituals for VALORANT studio in partnership and support of Production
- Build and manage strategic financial management model based on analysis and best practices
- Develop, deploy and maintain a Business ROB (Rhythm of Business) for the VALORANT Studio partnering with Production
- Increases productivity by helping team identify opportunities and improve efficiencies across business processes
- Own the process, tracking and reporting for VALORANT headcount funding and hiring
- Own the SPF process for VALORANT as the facilitator/advisor within VALORANT and interface with Riot Finance to deliver on time, quality and to expectation
- Build, train and maintain process for contractor and vendor engagement, budgeting, spend, onboarding and offboarding to meet Production needs
- Be the POC for Riot Finance and all Riot cross-team operational engagement needs
- Be the strategic business advisor for VALORANT Studio overall, and teams within
- Define, build, train and maintain business reporting needs for VALORANT, iteratively improving to ensure optimization efficiency but not sacrifice quality of output
- Partner with Production, Finance, Recruiting, and HR to define and cascade the company strategy throughout the organization
- 2+ years experience working with and a deep understanding of the Game production process/lifecycle
- 5+ years of total work experience including at least 2 years in relevant roles such as management consulting, investment banking, corporate strategy, or corporate finance roles
- 1+ year of experience as a manager coaching and mentoring junior team members
- Experience supporting and advising financial and operational business best practices for teams shipping games or software development products
- Experience leading teams through process development (planning, execution, delivery, post-release support, iterative improvements and optimization)
- Experience managing analysis of complex or ambiguous problem spaces spanning multiple organizations
- Proficient and experienced at executive level communication
- 2+ years working in Organizational structure or operating model design within the Gaming or Entertainment space
- Experience partnering with qualitative and quantitative research/analysis professionals
- Experience working with teams that develop microservices
- Familiarity with product monetization strategies
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.