Esports Fleet & Field Ops technicians - Project Stryker (12 Month Contract)
Job Id: 5175
As part of the Esports Fleet & Field Ops team at Project Stryker, you will be part of 2 roadie teams of 5 (A and B team), responsible for travelling to Esports events around the world.
During the events you will focus across the deployment of networks, PC / mobile phone setup at both the hotel/hotels and venue/stage, as well as wifi, IPTV network, and onsite IT support, along with PC hardware management, you will also be required to travel for up to 60% of the time in any given year to fulfill this role.
You will report to the IT Project Manager based from the Project Stryker office in Dublin,
- Oversee the PC hardware fleet from event to event.
- Carry out the pre–event set up of pc and mobile devices.
- Configure the network and pc fleet in line with Riot Games standards
- During load-in, unpack and install a fleet of pc's and network devices and carry out a full test of all equipment to ensure players have the best experience possible at all of our events
- During the event, you will provide the highest level of support to both players and other Rioters working at the event to allow Rioters deliver awesome player experiences and players perform at the highest levels
- While at an event you will part of the QRT team to be on standby, ensuring immediate response regarding issues to Broadcast or the Gaming network communication channels are open with all stakeholders
- As the event winds down you will be required to take apart everything we have built and pack it up ready to be shipped to the next destination
- In between events you will be required to train on up and coming products as required while also carrying out maintenance back in Project Stryker Dublin on our fleet as required
- Your hands-on technical expertise and communication skills will help you evaluate, innovate, and overcome technical difficulties that may arise for our players during an Event.
- You have a sense of urgency and you are an expert problem-solver who can address major issues that threaten Rioters, players, or services, whether it is people, process, or technology related.
- You will sound the alarm and call in reinforcements to address major issues that threaten Riot's people, players, or services; stand at the point of escalation when trouble pops up and throw it back into the void from whence it came, making decisions quickly and effectively.
You communicate easily in the most appropriate medium, be it email, hallway conversation or messenger pigeon; you will communicate with all Rioters, including leadership, to provide key updates during events in compliance with Riot Games' standards and security policies.
- 1+ years IT Support experience
- Experience working with imaging tools such as FOG, AWS, Discord, JIRA, and Confluence – just to name a few but not essential.
- IPTV knowledge
- Structured cabling experience working with copper and fiber desired, but not essential.
- Flexible, adaptable, and committed in your pursuit of developing new techniques that give us the ability to automate and scale, while growing in your particular area of expertise.
- Live event experience but not necessary
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better, we know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you! Don't forget to include a resume. We receive many applications, but we'll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.