3D Environment Artist II - Unpublished Fighting Game
Job Id: REQ-0006184
As part of the Environment Art team, you will channel your knowledge of concepting, modeling, and texturing to help tell stories through visually compelling environments. Working within both design and technical constraints you will build optimized environments that enhance the purpose and mood of the game. Your craft expertise and eye for structure, form, shape language, and design will help build fantastic new worlds for our players to explore.
Project L is our new fighting game! As a 3D Environment Artist II on Project L, you will report to the Manager of 3D Environment Art and will help create the handcrafted visual style of the project. Additionally, you will find the right balance between creating a beautiful world and its gameplay. And you’ll also help to oversee the creation of the project's environments through modeling, sculpting, texturing, and lighting.
- Create and guide the look/feel of 3D assets ranging from hard surface structures to organic foliage
- Influence asset creation pipeline with your understanding of optimized low poly asset creation such as modular kits to take into account efficiency, speed, and cross dependencies
- Work with various materials from hand painted diffuse and other texturing workflows
- Light environments using modern technologies
- Interpret and push concept designs to the next level while taking into account technical and design constraints such as draw calls, poly counts, texture memory limits, and gameplay boundaries
- Communicate with various other disciplines to ensure all assets are optimized and performant
- 3+ years of professional experience as an Environment Artist
- Professional experience working in stylized art styles
- Professional experience working in 3D Coat, Maya, and Photoshop or equivalent
- Professional experience working in Unreal engine and Z-Brush
- Strong understanding of Substance and hand painted texturing workflows
- Professional experience working as an environment concept artist
As a part of the application process, candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio or demo reel of their work and may be asked to complete an art test.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.