Technical Producer II - Esports, Technology
Job Id: REQ-0006188
The last 12 months have been amazing for esports at Riot. We held our most-watched League of Legends Worlds Championship ever, and we ran our first global tournaments for VALORANT, Wild Rift, and Legends of Runeterra. On the back of that success, and in our ever-growing dedication to our mission to be the most player focused company in the world, Riot is doubling down on our investment in the esports and fan experience with industry-leading innovations like Project Stryker that will make our ambitions come to life.
That’s where you come in.
As Technical Producer II, you’ll be a key member of our events support team, you’ll be required to travel internationally to assist us in building amazing experiences for our fans. This takes the form of helping organize the various technical teams tasked with planning and executing at our global events. When not traveling you will help simplify and speed up the development cycle, keeping meetings on track, documentation up-to-date, and backlogs neatly groomed. You’ll collaborate with teammates to find the right solutions, and help them break down barriers quickly and efficiently whenever they run into development snafus. You’ll also foster an open, transparent development environment that keeps stakeholders in the loop through proactive reporting, visualization, and effective cross-team chat.
This role will require international travel as we support global events working inside and outside the US. Expected travel is up to 40% per year.
- Travel for events including location scouts & throughout Riot’s global esports events
- Set and manage timelines for global events to ensure staffing, equipment and technical needs are met
- Manage call-times and schedules for all crew while onsite
- Assist Engineering team with physical set up and configuration of IT Infrastructure
- Schedule, track, and execute hotel + venue Load-Ins/Outs
- Organize and lead regular rituals. Identify blockers and dependencies around the process. Seek opportunities to improve team health and development efficacy
- Maintain healthy teams with a continuous improvement mentality
- Drive RCA and Retro process, meetings, and follow-up
- Broad technical acumen to understand technical initiatives and be conversant in the technical domains of your customers/dev team
- Occasionally required to lift 50 lbs
- Occasionally required to push/pull road cases
- Ability to travel internationally
Required Technical Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience leading development efforts for medium-to-large teams or an advanced degree
- Understanding of development methodology (especially Agile)
- Systems-based thinking, with a willingness to invest time to understand causal motivations
- Experience supporting cross-functional teams including engineers and designers to ensure the products they build meet the needs of customers who use them
- Experience managing vendors and coordinators
- Experience working with teams, especially remote, across multiple disciplines, time zones, and cultures
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.