Travel Broadcast Engineer II - Esports, Technology
Job Id: REQ-0006193
The last 12 months have been amazing for esports at Riot. We held our most-watched League of Legends Worlds Championship, and we ran our first global tournaments for VALORANT, Wild Rift, and Legends of Runeterra. On the back of that success, and in our mission to be the most player-focused company in the world, Riot is doubling down on our investment in the esports and fan experience with industry-leading innovations like Project Stryker to make our missions come to life.
As a Travel Broadcast Engineer in the Global Technology Group, you will help guide the planning, execution and maintenance of the production layer and supporting technologies that power Riot's esports broadcasts around the world. You will report to the Director of Infrastructure Engineering.
- Build and support production and technical infrastructures at global events. This includes production equipment, network management tools, communications systems, graphics, video systems, processing and transcoding.
- Maintain control, efficiency, and visibility over broadcast technology used to support global events including its maintenance before and after use.
- Be a point of escalation for the on-site Field Ops team to solve technical problems
- Coordinate production activities with the other technical teams
- Work with the Esports engineering and IT teams to create better in-house systems for event support and management of shows including monitoring streams and enhancing quality of service metrics
- When not traveling, support planning, equipment preparation and remote support of other live events and road shows.
- Bachelor's or Technical degree in an applicable field
- Five years' experience working in a video ecosystem, with fundamentals in live video content production workflows and related production technologies
- 6+ years experience in an IC, supervisory or management role
- Experience working with a steady volume of high-level details, the challenge of identifying and tracking important paths, complex dependencies, and accomplishing deliverables
- Experience with SMPTE standards, multiple video processing codecs and formats
- Experience working with video and audio infrastructure - SDI, SMPTE 2110, Dante, NDI
- Knowledge of media processing and quality control tools
- Experience working on productivity software (Google, Word, Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets))
- Valid driver's license, passport and ability to travel internationally.
- Occasionally required to lift 50 lbs
- Occasionally required to push/pull road cases
- Ability to travel internationally
- This role will require international travel as we support global events working inside and outside the US. Expected travel is up to 40% per year.
- Certifications from Cisco or AWS
- Experience in a live event production operation, within a broadcast team environment, working under strict time deadlines
- Experience implementing and sustaining orchestrated automated workflows
- Experience with streaming and OTT technologies, protocols, practices, monitoring and compliance
- Knowledge to manage enterprise switches and routers
- Experience of metadata concepts and feed formats (XML, JSON)
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this is the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).