Senior Technical Product Manager - Teamfight Tactics, Tools & Engine
Job Id: REQ-0006314
Riot’s mission is to put players at the center of everything we do. As a Technical Product Manager (TPM) at Riot, you will combine deep experiences with product leadership capabilities to provide players with essential features and supporting systems through support of the team. As the TPM for the Tools & Engine initiative in Teamfight Tactics, you will set the direction and vision for the tools that enable developers of the game to work effectively and achieve new heights. You will direct efforts to ensure the engine behind Teamfight Tactics is stable and has the functionality the team needs to build content and features for our players and maintain a high level of performance quality on mobile and PC for players world wide. You will report to the Director of Product Management for Teamfight Tactics.
- Define and lead a vision, strategy and roadmap for the Tools & Engine team in order to support development and content creation for Teamfight Tactics
- Interview customer teams to develop a clear understanding of pain points and opportunity spaces for the development of game features and game art assets
- Define product requirements that address those opportunities and organize into a product roadmap that aligns to the objectives of the business unit
- Engage in regular prioritization of your product backlog and respond to emergent needs from other teams
- Regularly share results of completed tool and engine improvements. Provide clear recommendations to leadership of how and why further investments in tooling could make large-scale changes to development in order to accomplish the objectives of the business unit
- Contribute to the production and delivery management of the team’s output
- A strong commitment to upholding a healthy environment by proactively seeking teammate input, planning sustainably, and managing team and customer expectations
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in product management in a software development or game art development considering prior technical roles
- Experience working with internal or business-to-business customers on defining needs and interpreting them into product requirements
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and stakeholder management
- Experience applying Agile and lean software development process and practices
- Experience leading a team in the creation of tools for a game engine or game that has shipped and updated regularly over time
- Experience in the creation of tools for a 3D art asset pipeline (i.e. animation, modeling, rigging)
- Experience building tools to facilitate the outsourcing of content creation for a game
- Experience with solving problems in technical spaces in games, digital animation or related industries
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.