Manager, Game Design - Teamfight Tactics, Gameplay
Job Id: REQ-0006366
Game Designers at Riot craft the systems, mechanics, and content that make up a deeply resonant player experience. We explore how to best push the boundaries of that experience to build new and engaging moments for players.
As a Game Design Manager on the Teamfight Tactics team, you will report into the Game Director. Leveraging a combination of design craft and people management skills, you will guide the growth of the designers that report to you. You will be instrumental in helping to lead a cross-discipline team responsible for the development and delivery of new sets for Teamfight Tactics, with opportunities to directly contribute gameplay content development as well.
Having an understanding of Teamfight Tactics or other deep strategy games will be crucial to understanding what appeals to our players, as well as assisting in the design of a variety of interconnected systems of content to create rewarding decision making experiences. You will collaborate with interdisciplinary teams and work with every tool at hand to innovate and iterate player-focused designs that'll delight millions around the world.
- Manage and coach designers on the Teamfight Tactics team
- Work with a diverse team of developers to deliver world-class content
- Ensure that Design on Teamfight Tactics is a highly performing team
- Contribute to the vision for Teamfight Tactic’s set design and set mechanics that gives players constant exploration and mastery
- 5+ years of professional game design experience or equivalent.
- 1+ years people management experience
- Strong ability to mentor other designers leading to a promotion or substantial positive improvements in their work
- A high comfort level when it comes to sharing and asking for feedback.
- Empathy and understanding with respect to many different player audiences
- Ability to drive a healthy culture of collaboration, respect, and inclusion
- Experience designing mobile games
- Experience growing high-functioning game design teams
- A strong understanding of TFT gameplay and characters
- Familiarity with implementing/scripting game content
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.