Production Manager III - Esports
Job Id: REQ-0006467
As Project Stryker rapidly progresses, Riot Esports finds itself in need of new production & operations workflows that better prepare for our multi-esport future. From content ideation to end-user distribution and every step in between it is imperative that Riot land this first step towards becoming a unified global media production entity.
We are looking for an experienced Esports Production Manager III to join our team at Riot’s Remote Broadcast and Content production center in Des Moines, WA (South Seattle). You will report to the GM of Global Operations and oversee the vetting and onboarding and planning of projects, supervise the staff who schedules the necessary resources and crews, point person coordinating with stakeholders and vendors and managing the work processing platform.
- Manage the effort to onboard new projects from Riot’s Global or Regional offices into the Stryker ecosystem with consistency.
- This effort will include project onboarding, defining the work, coordination and overall management to drive the execution on the production side.
- Administer and manage the platform to calendaring and schedule the production resources database.
- Using the scheduling platform, drive the execution of content production through daily task scheduling and resource planning, including crewing.
- Coordinate production activities working closely and with the Engineering, Facilities, TOC, and Media Management departments and the crewing vendor.
- Evaluate overall resource and production needs to see where operational improvements and cost efficiencies can be made.
- Manage work of two direct reports, Production Coordinators, for resource scheduling and the performance tracking. Manage the relationship with the staffing vendor to coordinate the freelancer crew of approximately fifty people.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely execution of administrative tasks associated with event production activities.
- Take a data-first approach to performance reporting, by executing KPI data acquisition, tracking, and analysis.
- Promote and coordinate inter-site continuous communications around production activity and performance.
- High availability during and after-hours, and be on-call for emergencies. Act as the point of escalation for all production-related issues.
- 6+ years experience in supervisory roles in a content production and broadcast facility
- Knowledge of modern content production and media management systems and platforms, and broadcast operations
- Experience with content production of live remote and studio based content, experience with TV control room hardware and workflows
- Strong proficiency with scheduling software and data management and databases
- Ability to work effectively across software productivity suites (G Suite, Word, Excel)
- Bachelor's degree in communications or a related field
- Experience in a live sports production operations, preferably Esports
- 3+ years experience working in the Esports event broadcast production ecosystem as well as Esports distribution channels and online streaming channels and protocols
- Experience operating in a global work environment
- Membership and participation in industry organizations (SMPTE, SVG, or NATAS)
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.