Senior Director, Product Management, Publishing - Teamfight Tactics and Legends of Runeterra
Job Id: REQ-0006468
Riot’s mission is to put players at the center of everything we do. We do this by continuing to evolve and deliver new experiences to players with games like Teamfight Tactics, Legends of Runeterra, VALORANT, and League of Legends: Wild Rift. Riot is also expanding into the world of music/multimedia with the release of our animated series Arcane and music from KDA and True Damage. In short - it’s an exciting time to be a “Rioter.
WHO WE ARE: The Product Management, Publishing discipline partners closely with product and publishing leaders to bring forward analyses, recommendations, solutions, products and strategies that address complex player experience and business issues to achieve the best outcomes for players that align to company goals. We are united by our desire to build player-focused strategies that maximize business so that we’re able to serve players for the long run. We support our recommendations with a myriad of sources and perspectives to ensure we’re informed by a deep understanding of who our players are. We work every day to make it better to be a player and are looking for a Senior Director, Product Management, Publishing - Teamfight Tactics and Legends of Runeterra to join the games and publishing leadership team.
ROLE: As a Senior Director, Product Management, Publishing - Teamfight Tactics and Legends of Runterra you will be an integral part of the Teamfight Tactics and Legends of Runeterra leadership teams and the broader Games Publishing leadership team. You will partner closely with the game EPs and other leaders across games, publishing, entertainment and esports to drive holistic strategy and planning and lead cross-disciplinary teams to arrive at shared outcomes. You help evaluate and prioritize new opportunity areas for the game’s ecosystem and align to Riot level goals. You’ll define and drive publishing strategy for the complete ecosystem strategy, with a sharp focus on the players we serve. This role requires complex strategy creation and synthesis, organizational alignment and collaboration, and a deep understanding of players across our ecosystem.
- Partner with the EPs to build strategy and a holistic player and business outcomes for the games ecosystem
- Drive holistic publishing vision for the Teamfight Tactics and Legends of Runeterra ecosystems in alignment with EP’s vision
- Partner closely with Teamfight Tactics and Legends of Runeterra brand lead to ensure our brand deeply connects to the players we serve and the game experience we’ve created
- Lead matrixed, cross-disciplinary teams toward shared outcomes for the League of Legends ecosystem roadmap
- Manage all publishing product managers dedicated to League of Legends
- Be a strategic partner to games leadership to drive shared outcomes across games, publishing, entertainment and esports
- Partner with brand leaders on games to ensure player experiences and marketing plans that deeply resonate with core audiences and build on the around-game experience
- Pull in and represent cross-organizational insights to inform player-focused decision making for the overall game experience
- Partner with game teams to ensure regional player insights as well as cross-org planning considerations are part of long-term planning from the outset.
- Lead visioning and planning exercises for holistic player journey and experience planning for the game
- Build a single cross-org roadmap in collaboration with organizational leaders
- Hold teams accountable on execution of cross-Riot programs in support of the game
- Drive identified ecosystem programs for the game
- Partner with games and publishing leadership to inform overall goals and objectives for the games experience and publishing contributions
- Partner with other games publishing leaders to set overall priorities for the Riot experience.
- 12+ years of publishing or product experience, including 5+ years of experience in video games leading teams throughout all stages of the production lifecycle of a product
- 5+ years of experience connecting with or building strategies for strategy games audiences
- Intimate knowledge of the global games landscape, current competition, innovations and trends, ever-evolving player expectations and how they impact our business
- Well-versed in leading cross-disciplinary, global matrixed teams and able to influence stakeholders at all levels
- Deep experience in building holistic product strategy across complex experiences
- Experience leading teams towards a cohesive, audience-focused vision
- Experience working on cultural brands that serve passionate audiences
- Understanding of cultural trends across entertainment, fan and youth culture
- Experience across PC, mobile and console platforms
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.