Staff Software Engineer - Entertainment, Consumer Products
Job Id: REQ-0006574
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you’ll work with both new and current technology, creating innovative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to deliver player value.
As a Staff Software Engineer on the Consumer Products Ecommerce team, you will build and support Ecommerce channels and integrations. This includes developing user facing features, integrations with third party systems, and back-end services that power the Ecommerce channel. Your expertise will contribute to large scale consumer products efforts that bring value to and delight our players. This position will report to the Director of Ecommerce.
- Individual contributor software engineer, writing code, authoring architectural design documents, contributing to team product prioritization, and implementing solutions to technical problems
- Set, lead, and contribute to technical vision and direction, using your expertise to guide tough technical decisions
- Mentor and coach to lift the expertise of other engineers on the tam
- Implementation of new features to delight players and optimize for value.
- Maintenance and upgrades to existing tech stack and infrastructure the consumer products channel is built on.
- Ensure the team is adhering to engineering excellence which includes: code maintainability, quality, monitoring, operational excellence, and documentation. Provides and champions "definition of done" to their team.
- Work collaboratively with teams and customers to accomplish deliverables
- Owns the resolution of systemic issues
- Integrations and customization with central systems (i.e CMS and CRM)
- Integrations and customizations with third party systems (i.e 3PL)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience as a technical leader with the ability to set the technical vision
- 8+ years of software development experience
- Domain experience in at least one back-end/service technology such as Python, Node.js, Java, Go.
- Experience with AWS (or comparable cloud environments).
- Shipped and supported live products with large traffic spikes.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience with building, maintaining and customizing Ecommerce channels and systems.
- Deep experience with React.js and TypeScript.
- Deep experience with Python Django web services.
- Experience with Elasticsearch
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles Only) Base salary range between $178,500 USD - $249,900 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).