Senior Brand Manager, Music
Job Id: REQ-0006586
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
Brand Management at Riot, like everything else at Riot, is focused on our players and fans. Our philosophy is that the brand at Riot exists to ensure trust, to help inspire interest and to provide meaning for all things that we do - this includes the Riot Brand, our games, esports, and Entertainment.
As a Brand Manager (Music) on the Riot Publishing team, reporting to the head of Entertainment Marketing, you will lead all the Music related product launch and marketing campaigns in a bid to harness Riot Games Music (RGM) business landscape and fan community in China. You’ll work closely with the Entertainment team (Music, Consumer Products, Content), Publishing team, Creatives, our external partners as well as third-party vendors to bring engaging Entertainment experiences to the players in China.
You love to push convention and have an ambitious spirit. You accept the unknown and you're able to come up with ground breaking initiatives that will take our relationship with fans and franchise partners to the next level.
You are also expected to uphold the best digital practices, working within Riot's social/content ecosystem and ensuring we're all pushing in the same direction and working from the same playbook when we talk to players on Riot's and our players' social channels.
- Assist in developing franchise marketing strategies for key music franchises/IPs in partnership with the local & Central Entertainment and Publishing teams that hit the mark in culturally relevant ways for fans
- Lead the marketing planning and execution of Music products launch
- Translate marketing goals into social media strategies and develop social always-on plans with agencies for RGM and music franchises/IPs’ social channels (Weibo, Bilibili, Douyin) that continuously drive community growth and fandom
- Take the initiative to drive digital and DSPs partnerships with key platforms from ideation to successful execution
- Establish and use KPIs to measure and consistently help to improve marketing performance
- Be a strategic partner between the China Entertainment and Publishing teams - encouraging successful synergies through close collaboration and partnership across Entertainment, Games, Esports pillars.
- Support marketing events planning and execution as needed
- Well-honed music marketing expert with at least 5 years of hands-on and strategic experience in social media/digital/PR/communications
- Speak and write fluent English and Chinese while having in-depth knowledge about China young audiences as well as culture/ digital trends
- Have sound experience with external partnership management and phenomenal communicator, not only can speak your mind directly, can layout the logics behind; persuasive towards internal stakeholders as well as external partners
- Utilize your suite of skills to level up your and your team's creative ideas based on meticulous analysis, metrics, and statistics
- Show strong strategic thinking, being able to make decisions from a macro perspective considering your partner and the market ecosystem; but at the same time, you show the same attention to details because you know that it is the details that make the difference
- Experience with League of Legends, the music associated with it, and understanding of the virtual artistry industry is a plus