Senior Manager, Production Operations
Job Id: REQ-0006557
The Senior Manager, Production Operations (or Sr. Manager, Esports Production Management as it's known internally) you will oversee the teams who are part of the production operations in our EMEA Esports Media House. You will deliver high quality experiences across a large team, helping facilitate a collaborative environment focused on delivering through the lens of the player and viewer experience. You should demonstrate experience progressive media leadership experience in live sports broadcast, event and/or video production.
You have leadership experience and have good command of the operational production needs of a weekly live broadcast production. You will use your contemporary production and operations know-how to ensure professional, proactive support for the Media House's program's production. You are well-versed in evaluating production needs, scope, and the release schedule to prioritize project execution. You represent the player and lead the team to not just complete the roadmap, but do so in a way that delights our audiences.
You know how to collaborate and inspire a production operations team, bringing an attitude towards experimentation, recognizing failure as an opportunity to learn, and an ability to pivot and creating an inclusive environment that attracts and retains the best in the business.
You will allow the delivery of successful work by creating ecosystems that foster thoughtful planning, collaboration, creativity. You will manage teams while maximizing the full potential of team members, facilitate conversations and create a positive team dynamic that celebrates progress and achievements.
You will report to Head of Production Services.
- Manage and assess team performance and training needs with the goal of establishing highly engaged team members
- Oversee Production function to ensure that all productions support the artistic vision within budgetary guidelines.
- Provide constructive feedback across the operations and production landscape.
- Identify and help secure production resources to ensure the operation can complete the demands of our productions while supplying focus and prioritization in a landscape of multiple and concurrent commitments.
- Support and facilitate an environment that supports the work of the Media House and EMEA Esports
- Monitor the annual production budget and work with Line Producers and production management for all Media House budgets including appropriate forecasting, maximizing efficiencies, and controlling costs
- Manage the Live Producer and Production Management staff
- Oversee the creative, technical, and practical aspects of all production running elements, including production management, technical crews, and vendor management
- In collaboration with Production Leads, Media House Senior Staff and other partners, develop season project planning, timelines, scheduling and staffing needs by determining artistic, production, and operational needs
- Define the execution roadmap that accomplishes our strategic goals for an iterative game that must balance live updates and R&D efforts
- Manage production personnel to improve craft execution and grow the next generation of studio leadership.
- Work with Production leads upon completion of milestones and conduct department level retrospective analysis and debrief meetings
- Identify constraints and clarify overall production parameters on an ongoing basis
- Coordinate with Product, Leadership and Media House Senior Staff for vision kick off, task tracking, and milestone check ins
- Aid Media House Senior Staff with executive check ins and product milestone presentation materials
- 10+ years overseeing production activity in the esports, live broadcast or other similar fields with at least five years of progressively increasing management responsibility
- You have good experience in people management. That includes performance management skills, ability to mentor senior employees and experience managing mentoring producers, production staff, and creatives
- You have experience leading staff across studios, control rooms and other areas that help turn live broadcast content into a great end result
- You have a understanding of the equipment and resources needed to create a quality broadcast product
- Comprehensive knowledge of live event, broadcast and video production strategies, disciplines, and processes
- Comprehensive knowledge of entertainment operations management strategies
- You know how to manage different projects with competing and unpredictable schedules
- You know how to balance between supporting institutional priorities and staff capacity
- Keep staff informed and aligned with Public Theater programs
- Fiscal management/comprehensive budgeting skills
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Well-versed in product experience, building product road maps, identifying main features, and ensuring the actual features match the promise of the vision
- Expertise in promoting product vision
- Familiarity with Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Experience working in collaborative environments with diverse roles beyond production, especially design, art direction, and technical direction
- Understanding of Riot EMEA esports programming
- Experience with capital projects
- Comprehensive knowledge of local employment regulations
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this is the role for you!
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Commuting allowance
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- Daily lunch, snacks and fruit in the office
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to nonprofits
- Travel allowance
- Wellness allowance
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't fully meet every single one of the requirements for a role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!