Director, Brand Marketing, Americas
Job Id: REQ-0006625
Riot Americas’ Brand Marketing team will oversee the regional brand & marketing strategy for Riot’s products for the region, from go-to-market planning and launch, through post-launch support and sustainment. Additionally, the team will be the point-of-contact between the game and technical teams in LA and local marketing teams across the Americas. The team is dedicated to providing the best experience possible for players in the region and ensures the delivery of all necessary components to publish and maintain a game successfully.
Reporting to the Managing Director of Americas, the Director of Brand Management, will be based in Los Angeles.
You will oversee all marketing & brand strategies for Riot’s games in the Americas region. You will leverage Riot’s global vision to guide our regional & local marketing efforts focused on attracting the next generation of players across the Americas to our games. You are an authority for local insights and have a firm grasp of the gaming landscape. You love to challenge convention and possess an entrepreneurial spirit. You’re willing to embrace the unknown and develop groundbreaking initiatives that take our relationship with players and fans across the Americas to the next level.
- Build a holistic regional and cross-product marketing strategy that will guide our teams across the Americas
- Build and lead a high-performing brand marketing team; regularly assess the team’s health and composition, with a relentless strive for cohesion gains across the board.
- Lead the development and implementation of regional marketing initiatives, which span multiple key markets
- Serve as the primary connection point between central product strategy and local market execution.
- Communicate clearly to ensure transparency and alignment throughout the product launch and lifecycle, keeping a wide variety of stakeholders consulted and informed.
- Identify problem spaces and opportunities to tailor a brand vision that most resonates with local player needs.
- Support the regional business strategy development and implementation as a member of Riot America’s leadership team
- 10+ years of experience in Brand Management, Marketing, Product Management, or related video game publishing fields.
- Experience working on the launch of multiple games on various platforms, including an understanding of publishing and submissions requirements, such as age ratings.
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively, whether across teams, borders, time zones, or desks.
- Experience working across multiple teams in different disciplines and locations, with excellent relationship management skills.
- Strong understanding of how successful publishing impacts players and how different options for bringing a game to market directly guide product reception.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot focuses on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy and other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles only) This job has a base salary range of $173,000 USD - $241,000 USD + incentive compensation (annual [and long-term]) + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).