Director, Game Product Management - League of Legends
Job Id: REQ-0006628
Riot’s mission is to put players at the center of everything we do. We do this by continuing to evolve and deliver new experiences to players with games like League of Legends, VALORANT, Teamfight Tactics, Legends of Runterra, and League of Legends: Wild Rift. Riot is also expanding into the world of music/multimedia with the release of our animated series Arcane and music from KDA and True Damage. In short - it’s an exciting time to be a “Rioter.”
As a Director of Product Management (DoPM) at Riot, you will combine deep experience with product leadership capabilities to provide players with essential features and supporting systems. As the DoPM for League of Legends, you will ensure and optimize the business health for one of the biggest games in the world. You will seek and utilize quantitative and qualitative information to maximize outcomes for both player experiences and business outcomes, working with team members across the entire League of Legends team to deliver meaningful changes to how we think, operate, and serve players. You will report to the Game Director of League of Legends.
- Primary thought partner for League of Legends’ Game Director in identifying opportunities and formulating strategies to maximize League of Legends success for today and the future
- Mentor the Insights team, including industry-leading talent in Research and Analytics, to help them provide maximum actionable value to key product initiatives
- Sought-after collaborator for team members of all crafts and levels around how both existing and new workstreams can convey maximum value to both players and Riot
- Be the first and last line of ownership for business health, truly understanding what metrics matter most to player and Riot value and reinforcing our understanding of those metrics
- Drive the team to work smarter with the product components we already have, creating better outcomes from better strategic utilization of existing or adjacent capabilities
- 9+ years of relevant industry experience
- Able to leverage a variety of quantitative & qualitative tools and frameworks to deeply understand player needs and motivations for a large, complex group of audience segments with significant variation
- Effectively prioritizes problem and opportunity spaces using structured frameworks to ensure consistent decision making and prioritization across all areas of ownership. Anticipates future shifts in player needs and adjusts plans accordingly.
- Highly proficient in strategy development for a large organization and business units with numerous disparate elements, effectively navigating a complex, changing landscape and generating organization-level business impact
- Expert in sharing information, creating common understanding and building alignment, even among stakeholders audiences of different priorities, perspectives & motivations
- Highly flexible systems thinker who understands inter-relationships between different game systems, and can draw parallels across different games, varied genres & player archetypes
- Live operations and player lifecycle leader, driving insights and strategies for both their game team and Riot as a whole. Is able to lead teams to deploy suite of context-dependent tactics to innovate and incorporate best practices for player life cycle management
- Able to guide and lead a team to efficiently generate, test and/or validate hypotheses, leading to high conviction decisions that advance the goals of their team or focus area. Demonstrates thought leadership across the organization in discovering and sharing high impact insights
- Experience managing analytics experts to identify, hypothesize, and validate highest opportunity Product workstreams
- Experience owning the P&L for a product
- Deep quantitative analytics background with applicable hard skills
- 5+ years of experience working on a live operated Games-as-a-Service product
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $198,000 USD - $298,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.