Communications Manager, Thailand (Contract)
Job Id: 5439
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Communications Manager (Thailand), you’ll manage the Thailand public relations efforts for games, esports, and Riot itself while working with outside PR agencies and media. You’ll develop relationships with meta and digital media outlets, both enthusiast and mainstream, and execute successful PR strategies that’ll help bring our games to more players across Thailand. To do this, you’ll equip your education, PR XP in gaming, affinity for our games, and no-BS communication skills to craft stories that connect with current and future players.
- Educated and experienced: you’ve earned a bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business Management, Marketing or a related field; with over three years of gaming industry PR wrangling under your belt, you’re well-versed with the nuances of working with agencies and third-party companies
- A consummate communicator: you’re a communicative dual-threat, able to clearly and succinctly express yourself in either written or verbal mediums; you’re fluent in Thai and ideally English
- A PR dynamo: you’re a one-stop public relations boutique, able to successfully execute strategic yet creative PR initiatives with a focus on sharing great stories; you know that PR’s all about relationships, so you’ve built and fostered rapport with multiple gaming publications
- Autonomous: you don’t need to be given continual direction and know how to manage yourself; you’re meticulously organized with an unquenchable drive for results
- Execute PR strategy, ensuring its consistency with global strategy while supporting the expansion of our games in Thailand
- Lead and organize events with our PR agency, including media tours, media events, and trade shows in Thailand
- Develop, edit, and approve press related materials like media alerts, press kits, interviews, and other essential routes of communication
- Identify and report on digital/social media trends, tactics, and technologies while developing strategic recommendations that inform PR programs
- Foster relationships with editorial publications, bloggers, and other media outlets
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
It is the policy of Riot Games Services Pte. Ltd. and each of its affiliates (collectively, “Riot Games”) to provide equal employment opportunities for employees and applicants for employment. Riot Games does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, religion, marital status, family responsibilities, disability, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by the laws of your jurisdiction.