Senior Director, Technical Product Management - Tech Foundations
Job Id: REQ-0006784
League Studio is the entity within Riot Games that makes League of Legends, Wild Rift, TFT along with other games in development. To support the aspirations of these games, the Studio makes significant investments in developing and advancing the League game platform.
Tech Foundations is the team within League Studio that is accountable for the technology encompassing the engine, platform, tools, data applications and the developer experience that are shared between all the games within the studio. Our mission is to make League a modern game platform that allows the studio to easily build and operate multiple games on multiple hardware platforms.
You will serve as the Technical Product Management discipline lead for Tech Foundations. You will direct a team of technical product managers that lead groups of teams focusing on League's engine and tools, service platform and development of data applications. You will also work with the Executive Producers and Game Directors for the games within the Studio to ensure we are providing the support their games need.
You will report to the Head of Tech Foundations.
- Lead Tech Foundation product vision definition aligning with the League Studio priorities and technical vision as well as broader Riot goals
- Define product outcomes for multi-team groups within the BU
- Oversee the development and operation of a rigorous decision-making framework used across Tech Foundation that assesses tradeoffs between player value, partner needs and longer term sustainability of the studio platform
- Own the vision for Technical Product Management craft, the development of systemic practices and frameworks along with the growth of product managers within Tech Foundations.
- Define Tech Foundation's stakeholder management framework especially focused on internal customer interaction, communication and cross-studio prioritization
- Identify, advocate for, and potentially oversee broad, foundational, forward-looking projects that span League Studio
- Develop an understanding of and empathy for our development customers which you'll use to make player-focused decisions
- Participate as a member of the League Studio Product Leadership team; in particular, offering expertise on how technical decisions will affect the player experience and how Tech Foundations can support the games within the studio
- Develop relationships with leadership across a range of disciplines to multiply their quality and output
- Build relationships with partner teams across Riot for collaboration and representing League Studio and Tech Foundations needs
- 10+ years of technical product management or business leader experience
- 5+ years experience driving strategy for large-scale products
- 5+ years of senior leadership experience leading the definition and operation of game platforms
- 5+ years of leadership experience growing leaders, managing managers, designing scalable organizations, and building healthy, diverse, and inclusive teams
- Experience leading and pivoting multiple teams/processes/efforts through a significant change in direction or operations
- Aligned to servant leadership principles and the value and importance of ensuring psychological safety, healthy feedback culture and conflict management within and between teams
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience with strong technical knowledge
- Experience leading development of game platforms that support multiple games with a live service component
- In depth experience with game engine or service development
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and a player-first mentality. We will consider your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be a great fit for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $253,000 USD - $379,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.