Brand Manager II, VALORANT Esports
Job Id: REQ-0006768
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Brand Manager II, VALORANT Esports, you will work hand in hand with the Marketing Lead, Esports, internal craft experts and external partners to drive our marketing campaigns, content production, PR, Branding, off-line events and community efforts for VALORANT esports leagues across APAC. You love to push convention and have an ambitious spirit. You accept the unknown and you're able to come up with ground breaking initiatives that will take our relationship with fans and partners to the next level. You are eager to design marketing campaigns that genuinely engage communities and inspire the next generation of fans to dive into Esports. You will utilize insights, experience, and brand marketing craft to establish and inspire fellow Rioters with a clear vision for VALORANT Esports, guiding and supporting teams towards delivering incredible levels of player focus in APAC.
As a Rioter in Singapore, you’ll join a tight knit group of exceptionally bright minded individuals who share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming. Riot Games APAC is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players they aren’t lost in translation.
- Define our Esports journey for the VALORANT Esports in APAC- where do fans watch, socialize and champion their experiences
- Conceive and implement strategies that compel players to watch VALORANT Esports across APAC markets in collaboration with internal craft experts and external partners
- Evaluate, advocate, and drive new initiatives that elevate and reinforce the VALORANT Esports brand.
- Oversee the development of marketing assets to ensure they are of the highest standards
- Manage the content roadmap and publishing plans, and align them with multiple stakeholders.
- Conduct market research to help us identify insights and hand-craft marketing solutions that delight Esports fans
- Establish and use KPIs to steer our marketing efforts to maximize performance.
- Monitor the communities and keep the team informed of our players’ sentiments, suggesting actions items when appropriate
- Identify and assess existing trends, opportunities, formats, audiences, storytelling platforms and more, and determine when and how we will use them
- 3+ years of experience in marketing in gaming, interactive entertainment or related fields, throughout all stages of the production lifecycle of a product or experience
- Good knowledge of marketing disciplines and building cohesive campaign strategy and plans
- Experience collaborating with agencies and vendors working in concert to create a cohesive product campaign
- Experience in planning and delivering successful integrated marketing campaigns
- Good understanding of regional/cultural landscape differences and similarities in the gaming communities of APAC
- Experience working in social media and marketing in sports, ideally global sports
- In-depth knowledge of esports or experience working in esports (organization, leagues, partners, agencies, teams, etc.).
- Passion for esports - watching, supporting and championing!
- Experience working in multiple markets within APAC
- Fluency in English is a must, but strong bonus points for language capabilities in any of our market’s languages: ex. Thai, Bahasa Malaysia, Bahasa Indonesia, Tagalog, Japanese, Hindi, Vietnamese or Chinese
- Up-to-date with the gaming and entertainment industry's newest trends and technologies
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
It is the policy of Riot Games Services Pte. Ltd. and each of its affiliates (collectively, “Riot Games”) to provide equal employment opportunities for employees and applicants for employment. Riot Games does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, religion, marital status, family responsibilities, disability, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by the laws of your jurisdiction.