Job Id: REQ-0006807
Established in 2020, the Singapore Studio is Riot’s second international game development studio. Our mission is to “scale Riot’s games to hyper-serve players.” Working with our Hong Kong Studio, Riot has expanded our footprint in Asia and accelerated our talent growth to develop games that deliver great experiences to our players.
The Singapore Studio is seeking talented, passionate Rioters with backgrounds in all areas of game development to build games that make it better to be a player. We partner with our Los Angeles headquarters on game development for League of Legends, Valorant, Teamfight Tactics, and Legends of Runeterra. We’re also building teams for Project L, our take on a fighting game.
We’re focused on working together to promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity, so every Rioter can be their best while we boldly pursue games.
That's where you come in:
The Insights discipline helps Rioters make strategic data-informed decisions. We're an interdisciplinary group of scientists, economists, consultants, and strategists from all backgrounds who join together to represent and advocate for players worldwide. We believe that illuminating players' globally diverse experiences, behaviors, and needs are essential to Riot living up to our player-focused mission. We're a group united by our love of games, science, and helping others succeed.
As a Researcher for the Singapore Studio, you will work across Riot’s various titles, supporting the monetization space and development of revenue products (e.g., skins and other cosmetic content, battle passes, loot). This role emphasizes using primary research methods, both quantitative and qualitative, to investigate problems and solutions to improve the player and business outcomes for our games. You will work closely with product managers, producers, and designers to enhance player understanding and decision-making rigor. You will report directly to the Director of Insights for the Studio.
- Partner with product leads to generate frameworks and takeaways that inform the strategic direction of the product
- Design and conduct primary research studies (e.g. surveys, focus groups, playtests) to understand player sentiment, preferences, motivations, usability, etc.
- Define research objectives, and develop and investigate hypotheses to inform decisions
- Create clear presentations and data visualizations, and present to product stakeholders
- Collaborate with Insights and product teams located in Riot’s Los Angeles headquarters
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related discipline
- 1+ years academic or professional experience with primary research methods, such as surveys / questionnaires, interviews, usability tests, ethnography, choice-based models
- Experience with aspects of quantitative research, including sampling methods and statistical analysis (T-tests, regressions, factor analysis, etc.)
- Experience with survey development, including construct and question development, scale selection, survey flow and logic, and mitigating biases
- Proficient with research and statistical analysis tools, such as Qualtrics, Sawtooth, SPSS, R
- 1+ years of professional work experience in market research or user experience research
- Experience with qualitative research, such as focus groups and interviews
- Proficient in or willing to learn data analytics (descriptive statistics, SQL/Python, Excel models, Tableau reporting, etc.)
- Experience working in gaming, revenue strategy, or monetization
- Proficient in Mandarin Chinese to liaise with overseas teammates and vendors.
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse, and your children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits