Security Engineer - Product Security
Job Id: REQ-0006827
Riot Security Engineers and Analysts hold an in-depth knowledge of specific areas of expertise. We don't just focus on breaking things; we support teams across Riot to develop robust security capabilities which help protect player experiences. We relish the opportunity to work with new tech stacks and product teams, each with their own particular security risk profile and complex challenges. At the most fundamental level, our goal is to help deliver value to players and make life harder for troublemakers.
As a Product Security Engineer, you will work closely with product teams globally to help build fun, safe and secure experiences for players. You will identify product security gaps and own projects to address them. Your deep knowledge of both the technical detail and player impact of security vulnerabilities will help you communicate potential issues to Rioters and improve the security of the player experience.
- Build projects that contribute towards Product Security's long-term goals
- Define security test strategies for complex systems, identifying security vulnerabilities
- Develop powerful security tools and automation systems
- Educate and integrate security in a non-blocking way throughout the development cycle
- Help level up our bug bounty program and provide researchers with an elite bug bounty experience
- Review code and look for security vulnerabilities before we release products to players
- Champion Product Security initiatives to engineers
- You may (circumstances allowing) visit our LA office approximately twice a year for around three to four weeks in total
- 2 years of experience in an application/product/cloud security role
- You have experience securing infrastructure in AWS, GCP or other clouds (Azure, Softlayer or private clouds)
- Experience using web application security testing tools such as Burp Suite and OWASP ZAP
- Experience implementing, tuning and helping software teams understand the output from static analysis tools
- You've built systems in the cloud and kept and online production environment secure and stable
- Codifying and deploying infrastructure with Terraform / Terragrunt
- Experience with Container Security
- Security testing of infrastructure and driving the resolution of issues found
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $120,000 USD - $168,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.9
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.